Foo Fighters - The Pretender cover

Hey guys, here's a cover of "The Pretender" by the Foo Fighters. I did this to demo the v7.0 firmware of the Axe-fx II, and show off the tone matching capabilities.

The drums, bass, keys, and vocals are from Rock Band stems. All of the guitars were re-recorded by me with the Axe-fx II. I tone matched the rhythm tone, and just tweaked it for leads and such, so the leads aren't 100% accurate. I think this turned out pretty damn close...and yes, my guitar is a bit out of tune in the intro haha. I'm having intonation issues!

Foo Fighters - The Pretender cover by TravisMontgomery on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

- Travis

@ kirkpetrucci: just export it as normally...that should work. (all my TMAs are in the axe, so didnt export really anything yet) but should work like that :)

that sounds great man. I'd be interested in the patch also if you haven't uploaded it already

+1

I dont own a copy of this so I can't compare it but all of the heavy stuff sounds great. Is the opening clean sound supposed to be that compressed? Sounds like you are hitting the compressor hard.

Back
Top Bottom