FOH and Cab setup help

ThelmoRego

Inspired
Hi Guys,
I have 2 kind of a weird questions.

1. Im setting up live preset that feeds out 1 to the FOH and out 2 to a Matrix gt1000fx and a Mesa traditional 4x12. Its up and running no problem, my issue is that I have a Music Man Petrucci with the peizo which is also feed direct to FOH (see pic below) my problem is that I would also like the piezo to go thru my cab on stage so that I could hear it better while playing but to not go thru the cab block which makes it sound all muddy and terrible. Is there a way to route something into the fx block and then route it back out again before it hits the next block?

2. Ive gotten good at tweaking the amp block to make it sound great thru the IR to FOH, and I've gotten good at tweaking a preset to sound good thru my cab, but in a both preset (such as this one) , how do you make it sound good with both. Im at 90% so I dont think adding another amp block is possible. Ive done some shaping in the cab block on the low res freq which has helped but not enough?

I appreciate any and all idea's
Thanks,

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 4.15.17 PM copy.jpg

I am only guessing but if you do not run stereo can you shunt the piezo chain into the fx loop and then use another mixer to take it out before the cab? how would it sound if it did go threw the cab sim? do you use all those bypassed blocks at the same time? I do not run this kind set up just trying to throw out ideas! some times that helps turn on the light bulb in out minds!

can you split the left and right of both outputs? sorry I forgot what I read at the end of your first question wile I was typing. chris probably has a video on this!

I assume your top row is your piezo signal chain?

If I'm understanding correctly....I would take the 2nd row and move it to the bottom. Take the 3rd row and move to row #2. Put the cab block in parallel with the fx loop. Run the second connection from your filter to the cab block. Then run a connection from your top row (piezo) into the front of your Fx Loop.Capture2.JPG

for question 2 do you use all those effects blocks can you trade for an eq to adjust for the different outputs

2. Ive gotten good at tweaking the amp block to make it sound great thru the IR to FOH, and I've gotten good at tweaking a preset to sound good thru my cab, but in a both preset (such as this one) , how do you make it sound good with both. Im at 90% so I dont think adding another amp block is possible. Ive done some shaping in the cab block on the low res freq which has helped but not enough?

If you can afford it, PEQ is probably the answer. Get the sound you want in either FOH or Cab, and then use the PEQ to adjust the tone for the other.

Seems like you've got a LOT going on in this preset. Do you really have one song that requires chorus, phaser, trem, flanger, and two pitch blocks? If you're trying to create one preset to do everything, maybe you should rethink your approach.

for question 2 do you use all those effects blocks can you trade for an eq to adjust for the different outputs

Ya I think im gonna have to try and squeeze a eq in there somewhere, its amazing how it currently sou ds great thru my mesa cab but terrible thru a mesa cab 4x12

the cab is like an eq it changes the tone, and all cabs are different, real and digital! so they sound different!

Seems like you've got a LOT going on in this preset. Do you really have one song that requires chorus, phaser, trem, flanger, and two pitch blocks? If you're trying to create one preset to do everything, maybe you should rethink your approach.

Recording presets have much less going on, but for my live presets I still like to be spontanious so I set it up with 5 presets, each with 5 scenes under the reveal button, and full of IAs so that I can turn anything on and off at will.

Back
Top Bottom