Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 SPDIF Help

bread

Power User
Hi

I've connected my axe 3 to my scarlett interface but can't seem to get it to sync at 48khz anymore.

I've set the AF3 as follows

Input 1 Source: Analog
Word Clock: SPDIF/AES IN
SPDIF/AES: SPDIF
SPIDFI/AES Out Source: Output One

When I change from 44.1khz to 48khz on the focusrite control app it won't sync and reverts to the 44.1khz setting.

Any ideas please because as I understand it, the axe fx uses 48khz only.

Thanks in advance.

i don't use SPDIF, but what happens if you have the Axe3 off, change the Focusrite to 48k, then turn the axe on? just a guess. is it a proper SPDIF cable?

i don't use SPDIF, but what happens if you have the Axe3 off, change the Focusrite to 48k, then turn the axe on? just a guess. is it a proper SPDIF cable?

Hi Chris, sorry, that didn't work. It reverts back to 44.1Khz every time and although the 44.1Khz sounds OK through the interface and through my monitors its sounds very digitally distorted through GarageBand.

This is not an Axe issue. You have some software or setting on the computer that forces a switch to 44.1.

Ok ill have a look at whats running on the mac to check.

Thanks everyone for your help. In the meantime I'll use analogue inputs to the Scarlett as it seems to work well.

Ok ill have a look at whats running on the mac to check.

Thanks everyone for your help. In the meantime I'll use analogue inputs to the Scarlett as it seems to work well.
No problem! I have the same issues from time to time. I know iZotope RX7 on my computer forces a sample rate change for the whole audio system when opening certain files.

Hi Chris, sorry, that didn't work. It reverts back to 44.1Khz every time and although the 44.1Khz sounds OK through the interface and through my monitors its sounds very digitally distorted through GarageBand.

Looks like a stupid thing, but have you tried rebooting your Mac and turning off and on again your Focusrite interface?

Make sure since you have the Axe Fx set to spdif IN, that you set the Scarlett to Internal. One more thing to check if you are using a DAW (I use Logic) - my sessions were defaulting to 44.1 so I had to update that too.

Last edited:
Make sure since you have the Axe Fx set to spdif IN, that you set the Scarlett to Internal. One more thing to check if you are using a DAW (I use Logic) - my sessions were defaulting to 44.1 so I had to update that too.

It just reverts back to 44.1 all the time.

I think it could be another app that's forcing it to 44.1 kHz so for now I'll just use the output 1 outputs.

Thank you

Are you running a DAW at the same time? If your project / session is set to 44.1k it's going to force the interface to that sample rate.

Back
Top Bottom