FM9 wonʻt reboot

jguss

Iʻve had my FM9 with Beta 2.0 hang on startup a good number of times. Today itʻs freezing on startup and will not reboot after numerous tries. Iʻve only made minor level tweaks to my main patch. Is there any way to reset so I can boot and reinstall 1.0? This is scary. I have a run of theatre shows coming up starting this weekend and not sure what I"m going to do.

Yep. I found it! Now the question is should I reinstall 2.0 or just revert back to 1.0 and play it safe. Any thoughts?

Not mission critical at this point. I’m more interested in why the stability of my FM nine deteriorated for no apparent reason.

I must be a lucky one that has never had an issue with any beta run and I’ve owned every product since the axe fx ii. Always download the beta as soon as they’d hit. Hope you can get it all worked out for the theater shows.

1.0 man. I’m holding out. You want stability right now.
I've been using 2.0b since the day it was released and have no stability issues. YMMV...

There are some bugs but I think most of them were also there in 1.0.

Rolling back to 1.0 may or may not help.

Additionally, any presets saved under 2.0 will be "empty" in an older firmware.

So I rolled back to 1.0. And restored the main patch I had saved. I’m now hearing some crackling noises when the FM9 is just idling.

Back
Top Bottom