FM9 wish- amp feedback

I’ve been thinking about how to get feedback with this unit/fractal processors. I know a ton of people use the Digitech pedal which I’d rather not add to my pedalboard for space.

Has anyone come close with just using the unit? I was thinking about maybe assigning an expression/ switch to the input drive/gain and increasing when I want but obviously it wouldn’t be the same.

Trying to do the same and coincidentally have been changing my presets to allow the gain to be changed via expression pedal. The song I need to play is "Too much time on my hands" by Styx which seems to be perfectly suited for feedback and was contemplating getting the FreqOut pedal. Using the expression to vary from say, 3.1 to 8.8 seems to work on my Friedman models. So far, no good or at least not good enough.

I have noticed one interesting thing using the expression gain so far is the ability to compensate for gain or lack of it on my different guitars. A work in progress but would really like to see a Digitech equivalent effect block.

There have been some threads about simulating that using the Pitch block.

You can search the forum and should be able to find the threads - probably for Axe Fx III, but it would apply the same.

Or you can do it the old fashioned way - volume!

I'd love to see a patch for this as well. I'm not as familiar with the deep edit functions as a lot of you are, so I don't know if there's some modifier combination that can split off a 'resonance' notch into a 'delay' before summing back into the signal. It's beyond me.

That said, the Freqout is a truly awesome pedal. I love it so much, I have two of them. One for the intended purpose of generating fake feedback, and another for getting some more unusual instrument type sounds (flutes and such).

For the longest time, my 'feedback' Freqout lived under my board. It was always on, and always with the same settings. I just routed it through either my FX8 or HX Effects. I'll likely do something like this within the FM9 going forward.

I can also vouch for the Frequout pedal. In my opinion having some sense of feedback is absolutely necessary for me as I run full IEM silent stage all the time. I love that pedal!

Back
Top Bottom