FM9 USB audio vs Windows 11

ChristThePhone

Fractal Fanatic
I'm sorry if this problem has already been solved, I tried the search but couldn't find a solution. So here's my problem :

I'm trying to temporarily use the FM9 as a playback device for my Windows 11 PC. I made sure the FM9 has the latest firmware (4.1 + USB 1.2) and made sure to have the latest USB Windows driver installed (5.58). The FM9 has been setup as default playback device in Windows. Unfortunately I cannot get the FM9 to playback anything through out 2 into my monitor. I made sure out 2 copies out 1 in the audio setup. Starting with an empty grid and looking at the meter page I see the PC audio come in on USB channel 1/2 and is sent to out 1. Although out 2 is setup to copy out 1 it remains quiet and yes, I have checked the out 1 and 2 level knobs.

Next I placed an out 1 and out 2 block on the grid and connected out 1 to out 2 hoping to force a copy of out 1 onto out 2 but still no output on out 2.

So the question I have is : Can I make windows use the FM9 USB channels 5/6 as default audio device or is there a way to get the USB 1/2 input stream routed to out 2 ?

Edit:

Found out that I can set the USB output mapping to route USB 1/2 to out 2.

Last edited:
So the only remaining question is if there's a way to route windows audio to FM9 USB 5/6 without having to go through a DAW.

The “copy output” option does not apply to pass through audio. I’m not aware of any way to direct Windows system audio to usb channels 5/6. You could get the system audio into the grid by patching analog outputs 1/2 to analog inputs.

But it sounds like you just need to set the usb output mapping option to output 2.

Back
Top Bottom