FM9 startup hanging with beta 2.0?

Anyone else periodically experiencing your FM9 hanging at start up? I have Beta 2.0 firmware installed on it and it has done this enough for me to post about it here.

Today, it seemed to hang twice in a row when I did the startup.

I already had FM9 edit loaded, so I closed it and then restarted a 3rd time and it was successful. I don't know if the FM9 session was a factor or not for the successful 3rd attempt.

There is a slight delay from switch-on time to powered-up. Takes about 12 to 15 seconds, IIRC. Start-up is not instantaneous. The screen goes thru various images, including the FAS logo, to FM9, to the powering-up scroll-right completion screen. This is obvious, but not an indication anything wrong with the FM9.

How does your FM9 behave when you switch it on?

Realize that your FM9-Edit might need to be quit before you power up the FM9, otherwise there might be some connectivity issues.

Last edited:
Would like to agree, but I've personally not had it happen with FM9-Edit not already pulled up on my screen. I've just thought that the red warning light that says disconnected requires that FM9-Edit be quit before you can power up the FM9. Not sure why, just common sense.

Fails occasionally. Last time it froze, I decided to wait about 5 minutes in case there was some kind of timeout issue at startup. Nothing. Powered off and paused a few seconds and powered back up. Booted perfectly as it does most of the time.
The other known bug I experience is static on my USB audio. That has happened perhaps five times and always gets fixed upon restart.

Not gigging at the moment so the occasional burp don't bother me and a restart corrects so I would have no problem performing on stage as is.
Bug fixes are priority one followed by enhancements and when the next release is out so, it will be great to have these corrected. At the moment, thanks FAS for the outstanding post sales support.

The Beta 2.0 has been working great for me since it came out (I gigged three times already and had many rehearsals). However, yesterday when I turned it on, it would just produce the loudest jungle noises by itself. Reboot fixed it, and has been fine since.

This has happened to me as well. Granted - it's only happened once - but it did happen @ church just before P&W - scared the crap out of me....but it came back on as usual, etc.

However - a different type of "timeout" has been happening with me and FM9-Edit:

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 11.51.31 AM.png

This has happened to me as well. Granted - it's only happened once - but it did happen @ church just before P&W - scared the crap out of me....but it came back on as usual, etc.

However - a different type of "timeout" has been happening with me and FM9-Edit:

View attachment 98486

It seems to be happening on a regular basis when I try to save as new template.

Only happened once in hundreds of start ups. Although, I don't think is a "hang". It went through the entire boot process and displayed a normal screen, but there was no sound but the input level meter was seeing my guitar - just no output.

Power cycled and all was good. Hasn't happened again.

Back
Top Bottom