FM9 Scribble Strips

Having owned an AX8, then an FM3, and now FM9 1st gen, I have always wanted to see some sort of video out on the unit. Just a dumb output scaled to 1080p and putting a mini 11 inch display in front of me with expanded information would be fine.

Larger scribble strips are nice but the next gen FM9 having simple LEDs and wireless control via say, a Raspberry Pi and FM9 Edit implemented via a web page.

Oh well, I can dream!

If that happened though, rest assured my FM9 goes up for sale and FAS gets yet another order from me.

I’ll wait for the updated case before I upgrade from the FM3. I like those big strips on stage. Our Flypack won’t allow a us to travel with Axe FX III’s. I carry a spare FM3 in my carry on bag. Good to have in the hotels to work on new sounds with the computer. Passes the time rather well.

Having owned an AX8, then an FM3, and now FM9 1st gen, I have always wanted to see some sort of video out on the unit. Just a dumb output scaled to 1080p and putting a mini 11 inch display in front of me with expanded information would be fine.

Larger scribble strips are nice but the next gen FM9 having simple LEDs and wireless control via say, a Raspberry Pi and FM9 Edit implemented via a web page.

Oh well, I can dream!

If that happened though, rest assured my FM9 goes up for sale and FAS gets yet another order from me.
While we are wishing...

Maybe they can be mini OLEDs or something with lots of contrast. Personally, I prefer a black strip with white lettering. I know they've added the invert function to the current strips, which is better than nothing, but I'd prefer more contrast and no border white area on the outside. Ideally, they'd be like smaller versions of the main screen, which looks great and is color. That could potentially add a lot of functionality with being able to color code the scribble strip text.

Last edited:
I’ll wait for the updated case before I upgrade from the FM3. I like those big strips on stage. Our Flypack won’t allow a us to travel with Axe FX III’s. I carry a spare FM3 in my carry on bag. Good to have in the hotels to work on new sounds with the computer. Passes the time rather well.

I have a first-batch FM9, and am also awaiting the bigger switch displays to move up to Turbo power. Really need the extra 11%. :)

I'll need the matching FC6 to go with it, of course....

While we are wishing...

Maybe they can be mini OLEDs or something with lots of contrast. Personally, I prefer a black strip with white lettering. I know they've added the invert function to the current strips, which is better than nothing, but I'd prefer more contrast and no border white area on the outside. Ideally, they'd be like smaller versions of the main screen, which looks great and is color. That could potentially add a lot of functionality with being able to color code the scribble strip text.
+1 on this. The current size would be fine if the contrast was deeper. I can read the smaller text (scene names, etc.) on the main screen just fine, apart from the green numeric cents on the tuner display (have to squint a bit for that one). I actually told the eye guy I needed to be able to read the dashboard and my feet when getting the lower part of my bifocal glasses spec'ed out....

While we are wishing...

Not OLEDs. They still have horrible burn-in issues. They also lose brightness over time and much sooner than LCD.

Not OLEDs. They still have horrible burn-in issues. They also lose brightness over time and much sooner than LCD.

Good to know. I'm not up on all this newfangled solid-state stuff. :D

mrmagoo-57a970e35f9b58974ae8d043%20%281%29.jpg

+1 to some sort of screen with contrast and pixel size like the main screen, so that they're easier to read. :)

Oh well, I can dream!

Connect Fracpad to it and use it as a remote monitor / screen.

Back
Top Bottom