FM9 saved me money

guitaryates

Inspired
For the first time in far too many years I survived the whole Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales insanity without buying a single pedal! I was tempted because I still think in terms of pedals but I'd stop myself and remember "My FM9 can do that already". It was kind of weird and liberating at the same time. The FM9 saved me money!

Me as well. I had no intention of using it as an interface but after putting it through the paces it was a no brainer, so now I can sell my RME and I'll be getting more than a third of the FM9 purchase price back. Nice deal!

The value in this gear is immense. I considered what would it cost to string a high-quality Wah, Comp, Drive, then some stereo modulation effects, possibly needing to buy a few, if I wanted to use Chorus/Delay/Reverb simultaneously, not to mention all the other benefits. Once I was satisfied of how far the quality of the algorithms had come, to be able to run many effects at the same time if desired, it was easy to see the value in FAS gear.

The value in this great is indeed immense.

If you ever heard about or wanted to check out some amp or effect you've never tried, you can just dial it up in the Axe-Fx to give it a whirl. No need to try to find and then travel to a local shop to try it. No need to buy one to do an amp/effect audition justice.

Before the Axe-Fx, there were modeler and emulators, but they only got you in a (very large) ballpark of the amp/effect and often included undesirable artifacts. With the Axe-Fx, you know the amp/effect you are playing sounds exactly like some version of the original.

FAS has saved me tens of thousands over the years! Every now and then I start thinking maybe I should get another amp or effect. Then I go plug in and think nope I'm good!

Guitars are another deal though. Lately I have been jonesing for an Explorer type guitar, been eyeballing a few Epiphones. I don't know what it is about that style of guitar, totally impractical but I just dig the looks of it.

While FAS has saved me money in terms of pedals, I did buy (and sell) my AX8 and FM3 over the years. I did convince a friend of mine to get on the wait list after a demo I made. Despite the outlay of cash however, resale is great so not an issue.

The only pedal that I can think of that's missing in the arsenal of my FM9 would be a block that emulates the FreqOut pedal. One can only hope.

While FAS has saved me money in terms of pedals, I did buy (and sell) my AX8 and FM3 over the years. I did convince a friend of mine to get on the wait list after a demo I made. Despite the outlay of cash however, resale is great so not an issue.

The only pedal that I can think of that's missing in the arsenal of my FM9 would be a block that emulates the FreqOut pedal. One can only hope.
There are those pedals that are a one of a kind deal that you just can't replicate with FAS! I was thinking of the EH B9 which is pretty unusual but something I don't think you can do with FAS Axe FX or FM.

I don’t know how you guys are saving money. First, I bought an FM3, then an FC6, then an Axe-Fx III, then an FM9. Now, a Turbo is on order. Not only did FAS soak up my pedal and amp budget, I’m looking to get a second mortgage to keep it going. Lol!

I don’t know how you guys are saving money. First, I bought an FM3, then an FC6, then an Axe-Fx III, then an FM9. Now, a Turbo is on order. Not only did FAS soak up my pedal and amp budget, I’m looking to get a second mortgage to keep it going. Lol!
Well I don't know about others but FAS gear has kept me from buying tons of amps and pedals! The thing with FAS gear is it really holds it's value! and as long as you are riding the wave you can recover roughly 80-90%. Not that easy to do with other gear.

The other obvious thing worth mentioning is you don't have to have own mountains of gear.

Back
Top Bottom