FM9 PDL Jack 2 & 3 Question

bleujazz3

Fractal Fanatic
Hi,

Does the FM9 PDL 2 & 3 jacks now allow for 3rd party external momentary/latching stand-in switches to act with both the toggle and hold feature? My current switches are connected via TS cable. (IIRC, I thought I read somewhere the previous bug had been corrected with 3.0). Thanks in advance.

When you say "toggle and hold," you you mean "tap and hold?"

Stand-In switches can be both Both tap and hold, but you have to create a stand-in for both tap and hold.

I don't recommend plugging in a latching switch, because you won't be able to use any momentary functions.

When you say "toggle and hold," you you mean "tap and hold?"

Stand-In switches can be both Both tap and hold, but you have to create a stand-in for both tap and hold.

I don't recommend plugging in a latching switch, because you won't be able to use any momentary functions.
Yes, tap and hold. I'd only use latching for the tuner, for example, and not use it for a hold function...

There was some banter elsewhere in the FM9 Discussion about accessing a metronome feature. Can one of my externals use the tap tempo for accessing a metronome, or does that require an FM9 footswitch?

EDIT: Discovered metronome feature in Controllers. Tap tempo is a separate function. Will need to allow tap tempo to reside on an external switch as a tap only feature...also will need to check that it is normally closed/momentary break, not open/momentary make...(switch polarity is normally closed)

Last edited:
They've always supported both tap and hold.

I think you're confusing the issue with Normally Closed switches not working correctly. Normally Open works fine.

Tap Tempo is one way to set the tempo of the metronome. You can also press the Tempo button on the front and adjust it from there.

They've always supported both tap and hold.

I think you're confusing the issue with Normally Closed switches not working correctly. Normally Open works fine.

Tap Tempo is one way to set the tempo of the metronome. You can also press the Tempo button on the front and adjust it from there.
That was the problem. My switches are normally closed ones. Will tap tempo (external normally closed momentary switch) be able to set the metronome tempo? One of my external stand-ins is set to Layout > Utilities >> Utilities > Tap Tempo.

It is unfortunate that the external stand-in switches are normally closed. I don't need either for both tap/hold, just tap.

That was the problem. My switches are normally closed ones. Will tap tempo (external normally closed momentary switch) be able to set the metronome tempo? One of my external stand-ins is set to Layout > Utilities >> Utilities > Tap Tempo.

It is unfortunate that the external stand-in switches are normally closed. I don't need either for both tap/hold, just tap.
Using a tap function only with your NC switch should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom