FM9 Logic Recording Delay latency setting

MSS

Power User
So, new FM9 owner but long time AXE owner. I am setting up a Mac laptop as a mobile recording studio. I was having a heck of a time recently where I would record something and the timing was off. When I looked at it, it was almost exactly an 1/8 note early. So, I just moved it to line up properly and told myself to calm down lol. This happened a few more times and I was like huh?

I have no plugins on the guitar input and the output right now is just EZ drummer on another track. I did some searching. I looked at my recording delay latency setting and it was set to like -4000 something samples and when I looked at my Axe III logic setup it was -330. SO, I changed the latency to zero and all good so far. I have no idea how that setting changed or was set.

The question is what are your guys settings running an FM9 via USB into and out of Logic? ty in advance

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 14.15.54.png

You should get good results with an FM9 with a recording delay of zero. There was a bug that caused problems with latency compensation a while back, but as long as you're running both the latest DSP and the latest USB firmware you should be fine. This is outboard gear though and you shouldn't expect the alignment to be sample-accurate, so if you want it to be super tight you may have to adjust your recording delay a bit depending on what you have in your preset.

But the answer to your question is: there is generally no need to adjust the recording delay when using an FM9.

You'll find information about recording with an Axe-FX/FM9/FM3 here:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-for-the-recording-musician.177592/

Reactions: MSS
You should get good results with an FM9 with a recording delay of zero. There was a bug that caused problems with latency compensation a while back, but as long as you're running both the latest DSP and the latest USB firmware you should be fine. This is outboard gear though and you shouldn't expect the alignment to be sample-accurate, so if you want it to be super tight you may have to adjust your recording delay a bit depending on what you have in your preset.

But the answer to your question is: there is generally no need to adjust the recording delay when using an FM9.

You'll find information about recording with an Axe-FX/FM9/FM3 here:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-for-the-recording-musician.177592/
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom