FM9 layout view and functionality

InsideOut

Power User
I know about and use the OMG9 layouts with my FM3/FC6 combo. In edit though, I can only view as FM3, FC6 or FC12. My wish is that a layout could recognize the button layout of an FM3 + FC6 as an FM9. I'm trying to have scenes 1-5 and tap temp on the bottom row of 6 switches and scenes 6-8 on the top right row, but can't figure out how to make it work. This would make it so a player's most used functions can go on the bottom 6 buttons and less used but need to have on the top 3 buttons. Hope this makes sense.

The more I think about it, this may be an FM3 function and not an Edit function. Mods please move this to FM3 wishlist if this is correct. Thanks :cool:

If I’m following you correctly, in my opinion this is an FM9 Layout topic. This has been discussed before and I believe there have been a couple of Layouts posted that that have been very close to what you are looking for. I think the forum Layout guru @Patzag discussed this a while back. You can probably do a search in the FM9 Discussion forum and find some older threads about how to approach this. They are probably a year or two old now. Good luck. Hope this helps.

If I’m following you correctly, in my opinion this is an FM9 Layout topic. This has been discussed before and I believe there have been a couple of Layouts posted that that have been very close to what you are looking for. I think the forum Layout guru @Patzag discussed this a while back. You can probably do a search in the FM9 Discussion forum and find some older threads about how to approach this. They are probably a year or two old now. Good luck. Hope this helps.
Thank you!! I was searching in the wrong forum. Found the solution (FM3 needs to be on view 1 and FC6 needs to be on view 2 under device control).

Took me hours to figure this one out, but to get a switch to hold-change layout and actually change the layout on FM3 and FC6 was to assign layout links. The one other thing that did work was setting FC6 to Mirror FM3, but then you lose the display on the FC6.

Back
Top Bottom