FM9 Gig Bag

digitald00m

Hello Fractal Users!

What type of gig bags do you use to transport your FM9?

I would only need enough space for the FM9 and just a few cables.

Ortlieb Back-Roller XL with a self made inlet to get some padding. Works good for transporting by hand and bicycle.

Helix backpack. If you need less storage the pedaltrain metro 24 bag also fits it.

Last edited:
These do look cool!

Does this normal one suck?
https://studioslips.com/proddetail.php?CabID=13714&Type=CLAM

I see you can add a padded pocket.

Or is the deluxe version that much better?

The normal one doesn't suck, it's perfectly good. (Why would a company with their reputation make and sell something that sucks?)

IIRC, the deluxe one includes the shoulder straps so you can use it as a backpack, a sling over one shoulder and carry it beside you or like a messenger bag slung behind you, or carry it by the regular handle. I think it's basically the "usual" upgrades people want. Email them and ask what the differences are.

I have a bunch of their bags: The FM3+FC6 bag, the FM9/FC-12, ones for my ELIS.8 and PXM-12MP cabs, plus one to fit the Temple Audio Duo 24 with the FM9 on it, and one for my ToneKing Falcon. I've had others too but that gear was sold along with the bags.

They're a great company to work with and I highly recommend their bags.

It's important to think about your needs though; Gig bags are perfect when you're commuting and moving through crowds, or traveling and can control how the gear is treated. They're designed to handle the normal bumps and bangs, just like a good guitar gig bag, but they're not made to be thrown into an airplane's cargo hold or shipped cross-country without additional protection. We're trading off convenience and lighter weight against maybe a mil-spec cargo-capable case that really needs wheels.

And, years ago I decided I'd always allocate 10% of the cost of a piece of gear toward what I'm going to carry it in. Don't penny-pinch when buying a bag or case; it's there to protect the bigger investment.

I just picked up a helix bag, I hope I like it, nervous about it. I hope I like it lol, it's not cheap. I got an open box so I got a decent deal but I'm jealous for the person above me who got it for $20 😭

Back
Top Bottom