FM9 Firmware Version 6.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firmware 6.0 - Some amplifiers are extremely loud

Is it wanted or a bug in firmware 6.0?
If NFB compensation is activated, some amplifiers are extremely loud compared to others. This was not the case in firmware 5. Will there be an update in this regard or do i have to switch off the NFB compensation manually on this amp? Or is there another way to correctly adjust the volumes of the presets from firmware 5 in 6?
E.g. JR Blues, 59 Bassguy
Coming back to this.

I tested all the 59 Bassguy models and yes, as expected the volume is higher with NFB On.

This is expected behavior. It is compensating for the loss volume based on NFB.

Rereading your post, this part is a bit unclear:
This was not the case in firmware 5.
There was not an NFB Compensation switch before this firmware. The switch in ON position is the same as the amps before it was added.

Some amp models ARE much louder than others. It has always been this way...

I don't think there's any problem here... And unless you're trying to absolutely maintain accuracy to the real amp in the case it has an exposed NFB control on it you should leave the compensation on.

Coming back to this.

I tested all the 59 Bassguy models and yes, as expected the volume is higher with NFB On.

This is expected behavior. It is compensating for the loss volume based on NFB.

Rereading your post, this part is a bit unclear:

There was not an NFB Compensation switch before this firmware. The switch in ON position is the same as the amps before it was added.

Some amp models ARE much louder than others. It has always been this way...

I don't think there's any problem here... And unless you're trying to absolutely maintain accuracy to the real amp in the case it has an exposed NFB control on it you should leave the compensation on.
Please see my original message; there are some models where the NFB compensation works in reverse:

Hi,
I noticed that when using the NFB compensation in the "power amp" settings of the Amp block, the compensation is actually in reverse. I.e. when switched to "off" there is no impact of the settings in the negative feedback control on volume, but when set to "on" there is. Shouldn't this be the other way around? No biggie, but seems a little confusing to me... unless I am missing something?

Edit: Just noticed that the above is correct for the Bassman 59 and Two STone models, but for the Cameron model, the NFB compensation does seem to work in the expected direction.

Please see my original message; there are some models where the NFB compensation works in reverse:
I saw that before but as I posted, none of my presets using the Bassguy became louder after the firmware update.

The release notes say:

• Added “NFB Compensation” switch in Amp block. This defaults to On. Turning it off disables the negative feedback volume compensation at the output of the Amp block.

According to this post by Cliff, my experience matches what he describes with all the Bassguy models:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-23-03-beta-1.199704/post-2488439

Check that the NFB Compensation in the Advanced tab is set to ON. If it is OFF then the level will be lower.

Wondering if anyone has had this happen or if its a bug??? I have new MK II Turbo. was at a session yesterday and before we started everything was working and sounded great. Then it was like the wah block got stuck in the toe postion and the wah wouldn't work anymore. So i switched presets came back and the problem was still there. So then i powered the unit on/off and problem was still there!!! then all of sudden it started working and was fine the rest of the session but i was stressed for a min there. Never had that happen before.

Wondering if anyone has had this happen or if its a bug??? I have new MK II Turbo. was at a session yesterday and before we started everything was working and sounded great. Then it was like the wah block got stuck in the toe postion and the wah wouldn't work anymore. So i switched presets came back and the problem was still there. So then i powered the unit on/off and problem was still there!!! then all of sudden it started working and was fine the rest of the session but i was stressed for a min there. Never had that happen before.
Sounds like a faulty cable on the expression pedal

Is there a wah block?

Been loving this firmware update. Thank you! Tone is quite something. I’ve dialed back the gain a bit on my main 5153 preset to compensate for what sounds like increased saturation (vs 5.0).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom