FM9 Firmware Version 6.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update fixed a bug I was having with the previous beta. When using my FM9 in 4CM with my amp, I'd notice that the unit would sometimes become unresponsive to the larger footpedal button pushes, and when I'd try to change screens or presets using the smaller buttons, the FM9 face would go black and audio would be cut. I'd have to reboot to fix it.

That issue was solved with this firmware, so I'm happy. Plus just to have gapless switching with this level of tech is simply incredible. The FM9 is the killer app.

This update fixed a bug I was having with the previous beta. When using my FM9 in 4CM with my amp, I'd notice that the unit would sometimes become unresponsive to the larger footpedal button pushes, and when I'd try to change screens or presets using the smaller buttons, the FM9 face would go black and audio would be cut. I'd have to reboot to fix it.

That issue was solved with this firmware, so I'm happy. Plus just to have gapless switching with this level of tech is simply incredible. The FM9 is the killer app.
Yes, it was because of the lack of Amp block in the preset.

I think it was actually fixed in the last beta before the release...

Apart from the 1959SLP Treble which became gainer than it was on the v5.01 everything else was OK. I just lowered the gain, adjusted the volume and that was it. My kitchen sink preset uses either the 1959SLP, the Plexi 100 or the Tucana (rarely). The 1959SLP used to be my to-go amp, after the update I think I prefer the Plexi 100.

(yes, I read the release notes so I expected to hear differences so the 1959SLP wasn't really a suprise)

No complaints here, thank you FAS!

Last edited:
That and removing the multiplexer and one shunt gave almost 3%. I went from about 74.5-75 to around 72 and change.

Has anyone noticed a really slow response when adjusting things in FM9 edit? When I adjust my amp settings, it takes 30 seconds for readings to show up, and often doesn't change anything for a minute or two. It just seems like it's not connecting well. (mac)

Do someone have recordings of the plexi 70 before and after the update?

I made my kitchen sink preset this year on the 70 plexi and would love to hear the improvements.

This way I can anticipate when the update is ready for the fm3. Cause I’m sure I will not have a lot of time retwteaking it (if necessary)

Has anyone noticed a really slow response when adjusting things in FM9 edit? When I adjust my amp settings, it takes 30 seconds for readings to show up, and often doesn't change anything for a minute or two. It just seems like it's not connecting well. (mac)
What is your CPU use?

You might also try a different USB port and cable.

Right- I was messing around with my kitchen sink preset adding high-CPU delays, etc - just to experiment. I noticed a status bar at the bottom of the screen (I don’t remember what it said - something about trying to communicate with the device maybe). Eventually that stopped and I was able to remove the block, and all was well.

Gigged with FW6 last night after using the related updates in the AF3 for the last few weeks. It worked great and sounded phenomenal! I was worried about all of the stuff I'd crammed into the AF3...that I wouldn't be able to transfer to the FM9, especially in my kitchen sink and one other big preset. I did have to make some compromises, but I think they weren't essential...I definitely only missed having the second pitch block--had to create a second preset to accomodate--but that was really only a problem because I forgot to switch to it. Other than that, its really the same, and I'm so happy to be gigging with the FM9 again, as my AF3 rig is bigger and heavier.

To give a sense of how full my AF3 presets were, a lot of them showed up with CPU at 100% in the FM9. I was surprised at how easy it was ot bring those numbers down...and as mentioned, it made me see some inefficiancies in the orginal presets. I also have two pedals in my AF3 board, but none on the FM9 board. I found workarounds for those that really work better...much easier to get the effects I was getting...Thinking I may remove the pedals from my AF3 board now!!!

What is your SPDIF output source set to in FM9 edit > Setup > Audio? Should be output 1 if you’re using the output 1 block in your presets.
Hmnn. Yeah I tried that. I have copy output 1 to output 2 on also but tried both and no spdif out thus far. Thanks for the suggestion though. Starting to think I may have a hardware problem. No way Im sending off anything right now.

Not a bug here. At home i only use spdif as output, it works. Check what @strabes says.
Thanks, I tried that. Unfortunately no output still. Now that I know its working for others. may be hardware related... It worked before I took the beta that is now updated and released though...

I finally got to gig the new firmware last night at an R&B gig, and again this morning at my church gig. Just using my usual presets. Everything was great. Having gapless switching between everything is such a monumental game changer. I've started to rebuild my main preset around all the new thinking that comes with that. Still a work in progress, but definitely enjoying the ride.

I still can't stop geeking out over the monumental strides FM9 (and FAS in general) has made in such a relatively short amount of time. I just looked up when I received my FM9 purchase invitation - back in late November of 2021. First kid on my block to get one. I can't think of too many things money can buy that improve over time the way this product has. Such a phenomenal product. You can count me as a grateful customer! Well done, team Fractal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom