FM9 Firmware Version 6.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out 1 Block: Balance ... for a row you never use (6?)

This was the perfect suggestion for the parameter to use with the batch modify feature to enable gapless switching on pre 6.00 presets. Used a 0.1 value in the 'Balance' parameter on the 6th row in the Output block as you recommended and saved all presets with the change. Then switched the value back to 0.0, saved all presets again, and did a full backup. Was able to execute this with pretty much 100% assurance that it didn't impact any of my presets other than to allow them to work with gapless switching. Thank you!

This was the perfect suggestion for the parameter to use with the batch modify feature to enable gapless switching on pre 6.00 presets. Used a 0.1 value in the 'Balance' parameter on the 6th row in the Output block as you recommended and saved all presets with the change. Then switched the value back to 0.0, saved all presets again, and did a full backup. Was able to execute this with pretty much 100% assurance that it didn't impact any of my presets other than to allow them to work with gapless switching. Thank you!
There was no need to perform that twice, you can batch save even without changing the parameter value.

I seem to have lost spdif output on recent updates on my fm9. interface works on other devices and Ive tried everything I can think of. Anyone have an ideas or can confirm a bug ?

So just to chime in here on the new Brit 800 2203, I was so happy with the last upgrade on this amp I could not have imagined being able to refine the model any better than it was, but voila, yet again the new amp model is imo now a exact digital replica of my 2 half stacks that are loaded with EVM12L's... Thank you Fractal, very nice new year present! 🐉

I seem to have lost spdif output on recent updates on my fm9. interface works on other devices and Ive tried everything I can think of. Anyone have an ideas or can confirm a bug ?
What is your SPDIF output source set to in FM9 edit > Setup > Audio? Should be output 1 if you’re using the output 1 block in your presets.

Hi gus ! I see there's a problem with the volume of any presets . Ther's a lack gain and output than before , especially with the vox ac30 top boost . Anyone else noticed that ?

Hi gus ! I see there's a problem with the volume of any presets . Ther's a lack gain and output than before , especially with the vox ac30 top boost . Anyone else noticed that ?

My main patch is based on the JCM800 #34. I noticed after the update it was kind of quiet and lacking gain. I tweaked it at home which is normally a big no no for me as doing this pretty much never translates to gig volume playing. I took the FM9 to rehearsal and it just sounded great. Lots of positive comments on the sound. Rehearsed again last night and again, band was loving the sounds. We rehearse fairly loud using a PA and there was no further tweaking required; loving it.

The gapless thing is the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
My main patch is based on the JCM800 #34. I noticed after the update it was kind of quiet and lacking gain. I tweaked it at home which is normally a big no no for me as doing this pretty much never translates to gig volume playing. I took the FM9 to rehearsal and it just sounded great. Lots of positive comments on the sound. Rehearsed again last night and again, band was loving the sounds. We rehearse fairly loud using a PA and there was no further tweaking required; loving it.

I agree ,the gapless function is such a great improvement ! My problem still remains , but only on the Vox ac30 TB ....

I agree ,the gapless function is such a great improvement ! My problem still remains , but only on the Vox ac30 TB ....

I was playing one of the factory presets last night with the AC30TB. Just at home volume, but I didn't notice it being down in gain or volume, but then it's not my go to patch so hard to say really. I would have thought a bit of tweaking would get it back where you want it?

I was playing one of the factory presets last night with the AC30TB. Just at home volume, but I didn't notice it being down in gain or volume, but then it's not my go to patch so hard to say really. I would have thought a bit of tweaking would get it back where you want it?
I don't know about the Vox AC30TB, but when trying John Nathan Cordy's Keith Urban Tweed Twin (EF8 Tweed) I recall something similar happening. Granted, this was prior to v. 6.0 proper, maybe just a reinstall and tweaking to taste should solve the low volume problem.

TBH, one can hear the difference in what Cordy puts together and the 6.0 beta firmware. If my schedule allows Wednesday, I'll spend a little time with the preset Cordy put together and try to get things straightened out.

There are many amp block changes in this release. I would guess some of those could cause this. (It would be nice to have the release notes at the top of this thread so we don't have to unzip it.)

Attachments

• FM9 Release Notes.pdf
    231.1 KB · Views: 49
Looking through the release notes (thanks @geetarplayer), could it be the "negative feedback compensation" that you're noticing? It defaults to ON.
Also, the improved speaker compression may be lowering the volume a bit.
Idk, just a few thoughts.

II believe at some point using modelers with FRFR, you begin to develop a sense about how to tweak at home for gig level volumes. At least that has been my experience. Not 100%, but I can usually get pretty close.

After I installed the Beta, like a few others I noticed quite a lot of difference in the levels of certain presets, as you would expect when Amps etc have changed. I went through using the Preset Leveling tool in FM9-Edit (via the monitors on about 25%, not headphones!), and all was right with the World again :D

I tested the AC30 TB vs the other AC flavours and actually for me it was a tad louder (and brighter obv.), by about 2dB. I just set it to peak at a fraction above 0db using the Leveling tool again and it sounded great 👍

Working for me with the Kemper Input & Output. These are my settings on the Audio Setup page in FM9-Edit:

1707930739356.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom