FM9 Firmware Version 6.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be the most innocuous parameter to batch change with the least possible impact to all existing presets?

Could always change something then repeat the process and change the parameter back to how it was, sure that would work if all you want to do is re-save everything

Could always change something then repeat the process and change the parameter back to how it was, sure that would work if all you want to do is re-save everything

That was my first thought too. Only problem is that there is no method I am aware of to do a batch change that can guarantee preserving the preset's current value. For example, being able to execute a "+1" to the current parameter value in each preset, and then back it out with a "-1" in the next global preset save. You need to use a specific value and if that parameter is using something different in some of your presets, you run the risk of modifying it. Even after "backing it out". That is why I want to only modify a parameter value I am fairly positive will be exactly the same in all factory and user presets. Or, I will just wait and modify presets as I use them. Not stressing particularly over it.

Would love to be able to force a global save without changing anything.

That was my first thought too. Only problem is that there is no method I am aware of to do a batch change that can guarantee preserving the preset's current value. For example, being able to execute a "+1" to the current parameter value in each preset, and then back it out with a "-1" in the next global preset save. You need to use a specific value and if that parameter is using something different in some of your presets, you run the risk of modifying it. Even after "backing it out". That is why I want to only modify a parameter value I am fairly positive will be exactly the same in all factory and user presets. Or, I will just wait and modify presets as I use them. Not stressing particularly over it.

Would love to be able to force a global save without changing anything.
what I used was the 'bypass' function on IN1; first bypassing the input on all presets, then reversing the process

Has anyone else had issues with old presets that squeezed every drop of CPU no longer loading? Is there a way to still load them and remove a block, so I can adjust it in order to make it work again?

Has anyone else had issues with old presets that squeezed every drop of CPU no longer loading? Is there a way to still load them and remove a block, so I can adjust it in order to make it work again?
You should be able to load them ? You may get no sound but I have always been able to edit presets ,
If you had taken it to the redline before there is nothing you can really do but reduce CPU
The other option would be to spread your tones across multiple presets now that it’s gapless so you don’t need have to use the “kitchen sink
In a single preset method

You should be able to load them ? You may get no sound but I have always been able to edit presets ,
If you had taken it to the redline before there is nothing you can really do but reduce CPU
The other option would be to spread your tones across multiple presets now that it’s gapless so you don’t need have to use the “kitchen sink
In a single preset method
I decided against the Gapless option for this reason. My go-to preset hit the red at about 80-82% and bogged down scene/channel switching, as well as edits to blocks that are heavy on cpu processing. Will need to consider workarounds to implement Gapless, though I'm happy with the switching time gap as-is.

Yeah, I had to just disable gapless because it was crashing my unit on my maxed out "kitchen sink" presets. Even without gapless enabled, the improved channel switching time on the drive block in 6.00 feels almost gapless anyway.

How did this go ? Have a show on Wed , want to upgrade but am hesitant....
Everything went very well. Sounded awesome as usual. Seamless switching is something I have been anxiously awaiting since it became available for the AxeFx III. It did not disappoint. Simply amazing. The Fractal team hit it out of the park with this update. Do your backups. If you have a Mac do the batch update trick (anyone know if there is a similar trick on a PC?). Other than those normal procedures it was very straightforward and easy. I was coming from version 4.0. Added gratuitous terrible crowd pic…. LOL….

1707676792551.jpeg

Last edited:
I gigged beta 2 last night without a glitch. Installed 6 this morning and all seems good.

I'm coming to terms with gapless preset function and probably simplifying my kitchen sink presets considerably.

Regardless, last night's gig using a SV Bass for cleans, the Wrecker Express for Crunch, and 100w Plexi for my gained up tones was pretty great.

Yeah, I had to just disable gapless because it was crashing my unit on my maxed out "kitchen sink" presets. Even without gapless enabled, the improved channel switching time on the drive block in 6.00 feels almost gapless anyway.
It's good to have options.

Instant gratification after installing, the gapless switching works a treat and will eliminate pausing my hands for a split second for a scene change. I was really happy with my sounds before, and even happier now,

My bandmate with his FM3 is also jealous after hearing about gapless. When it comes to FM3 we can rebuild his main preset with different amps instead of using scene controllers to get a clean sound on the crunchy amp. But until then, I'll bask in the glory of this update myself :D Thank you team!

FM9 is my best music gear purchase of all time by a mile. These updates are just incredible. I used Helix full time for 4+ years and it’s just not even close in any area.

@strabes

Agree!! I tried modeling many times through the years and I always went back to tube amp and pedals. I became a believer with the FM3 and now the FM9.

I appreciate Fractal and their efforts beyond measure. Glad to hear others feel the same way. I bought an HX Stomp XL as a backup and a bass rig and it's like a toy compared to my FM9. I bought a bass preset from you in fact! LOL

Everything went very well. Sounded awesome as usual. Seamless switching is something I have been anxiously awaiting since it became available for the AxeFx III. It did not disappoint. Simply amazing. The Fractal team hit it out of the park with this update. Do your backups. If you have a Mac do the batch update trick (anyone know if there is a similar trick on a PC?). Other than those normal procedures it was very straightforward and easy. I was coming from version 4.0. Added gratuitous terrible crowd pic…. LOL….

View attachment 134836
Thanks for the update, appreciated.

You have to re-save all the factory presets for gapless to work with them.

The easiest way to do this is with the FM9-Edit batch change function. Here's a tutorial:

Pick a parameter you don't use and change that to something incsequential and then have FM9-Edit apply that change to all presets to re-save them.

@iaresee

Tried this with FM-Edit in Mac and it didn't pop up and allow any of the options he mentioned. Are the batch editing instructions different on a Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom