FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did default sat values change for Friedman BE/HBE?
I am noticing increased volume with ideal engaged on sat.

yes but volume with ideal used to make it about same with sat engaged now it is increased so with ideal and sat the overall volume is louder than without sat

It happened to me frequently with FM9 Edit, after a hard job with it. Phantoms just go away restarting the edit ;)
(no need to restart FM9 neither the PC)
I think AXE Edit doesn't have this funny issue.
I'm pretty sure this has occurred in all 3 editors... All received updates to fix it but some were still seeing it even after updating.

Can someone school me on ....what happens after these firmware updates where amp models are 'improved'. I have existing presets (like my Rush tribute presets) that are built on the Silver Jubilee. I know this amp model received improvements. Do I as a user need to do anything in the amp block to ensure the model is 'improved' - I know that sounds dumb but... I am not entirely sure what I should do in this situation.

Can someone school me on ....what happens after these firmware updates where amp models are 'improved'. I have existing presets (like my Rush tribute presets) that are built on the Silver Jubilee. I know this amp model received improvements. Do I as a user need to do anything in the amp block to ensure the model is 'improved' - I know that sounds dumb but... I am not entirely sure what I should do in this situation.
Read the firmware release notes. If we need to do anything specific it'll be in there, otherwise audition the presets that use the affected model and make sure it's how you like it to sound. The odds are good it'll sound even better.

Read the firmware release notes. If we need to do anything specific it'll be in there, otherwise audition the presets that use the affected model and make sure it's how you like it to sound. The odds are good it'll sound even better.
Got it - so in this case the Brit Silver doesn't have any additional notes or things to 'look out for' - so I am just gonna keep rocking.

Got it - so in this case the Brit Silver doesn't have any additional notes or things to 'look out for' - so I am just gonna keep rocking.
The model for that Amp was changed significantly from my understanding (previously based on a custom non-Marshall amp, now based on a real Jubilee).

You're free to keep rocking but as Greg said, you'll want to audition those presets as they may sound different than you expect.

6.xx update also solved some REVERB block differences from AXE FXIII, such as a (+12db) different Early Reflection adjustment for Medium Hall, different adjustments available for Medium Plate and others.
Now the adjustments and the sounds seem to be exactly the same. 🖤
I noticed that when loading a preset I made on my III onto the FM9.

Has anyone seen a change to their expression pedal response? I usually leave my delay block on and control it with a Boss EV-30. Since the update, the lowest value the mix parameter will go to is .8. You can still hear faint delay. I tried both outs of 2 different EV-30s with the same result-their minimum pots all set to zero. Calibrated multiple times. Same result. I've just been turning off the delay block now.

Has anyone seen a change to their expression pedal response? I usually leave my delay block on and control it with a Boss EV-30. Since the update, the lowest value the mix parameter will go to is .8. You can still hear faint delay. I tried both outs of 2 different EV-30s with the same result-their minimum pots all set to zero. Calibrated multiple times. Same result. I've just been turning off the delay block now.
I had an issue like this awhile back and it turned out to be my TRS cable. Might not be your issue, but a quick and easy thing to check.

Did default sat values change for Friedman BE/HBE?
I am noticing increased volume with ideal engaged on sat.

Just wondering if perhaps you had the Sat. Level turned down before and after resetting the amp block (if you even did that) it went back to 4.00??

I use the Sat. control on all my amp blocks/channels and always have to dial the Level back down from the default of "4.00" or there is too much of a volume jump, especially on cleaner/mild OD amps/tones.

FWIW v6 has been running fine for me; have worked with it for several hours at home and at a full night's rehearsal and no issues to report....

Just wondering if perhaps you had the Sat. Level turned down before and after resetting the amp block (if you even did that) it went back to 4.00??

I use the Sat. control on all my amp blocks/channels and always have to dial the Level back down from the default of "4.00" or there is too much of a volume jump, especially on cleaner/mild OD amps/tones.
I attached the preset
I hear a volume jump if you go from sat off to ideal, am I crazy?
I really never noticed it before
cab 3 is a dynacab, 1 and 2 are york, idk if that works if you dont have the york cabs
Hopefully Im not doing something wrong by uploading a preset with the YA cabs
If I am somebody please let me know and I will pull the preset ASAP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom