FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Fm9 had global blocks, I wouldn't have to manually change them.
Damn straight!

I just wonder, though... are you sure what what you're trying/hoping to do actually is supposed to be possible on the FM9?

I'm not 100% following what you're experiencing, but are you sure it isn't somewhere between the capabilities of the Af3t and Fm9t?

Cheers mate. You have exquisite taste in equipment!

Thanks, might just make the big step and completely flatten it and start again, nothing on there that’s too precious and might just start fresh with 6
ok Possible BUG found here.

Stepped back up to FW6 after completely flattening my FM9 (on 5.01)..used a backup to restore everything in 5.01 - and then did the usual FW update to 6

What I have found is if I start the unit with a 4CM type preset (i.e, no amp) anything I do in that preset will result in the unit freezing up, pressing home button will black out the screen etc, needs reboot to get back.

However!! - if I leave it boot up on that 4CM preset and then manually scroll (using Page Right to get to presets tab) and select another of my presets with an amp in it (Neal S's GOT preset - attached below) , it works fine - all buttons work, normal operation, all good, AND then returning to that troublesome 4CM ampless preset also then works fine.

Its only using that 4CM/ampless preset initially on power up that causes the unit to freeze up completely - attached below - troublesome 4CM patch, NS GOT patch (modified a few things in it - delay etc etc) together with system backup

UPDATE - if I just add an amp block anywhere on the grid of that 4CM patch it works fine on powerup, no freezes - is the code looking for an amp block??

Attachments

• 1 JVM 4CM.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • FM9-240129-122440-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 5
  • NS GoT 2023 III.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I am noticing a much less dense sound with the same settings on Nimbostratus for example. I can revert to the previous firmware and do an A/B if that would help.

Edit: just tested the same block and preset on to 5.01, Nimbostratus is definitely much less dense than on 6.00 on the same settings. It's pretty obvious when listening and it's visible in the decay of the tails:

View attachment 133813
Really hope this nimbostratus density / mix issue I shared earlier gets fixed before release. That is one of the main reverbs I use and it’s a fraction of what it was on 5.01.

Last edited:
The 5150 Stealth is wonderful! I run the gain on 2.5 b/c it's crazy hot. I love the feel thru a greenback or greenback/v30 blend.
I'm rehearsing thru an EV floor wedge and I get a huge sound without being utterly deafening.

Just had a chance to try yesterday what a great update! Totally stoked with this thanks @Matt B! and all of the Beta testers what an awesome job ;)

Every time I switch to my lead tone with all the effects it just seems wrong. The delay seems really loud. I wonder if theres a mix issue.
I using Ping Pong delay into a Huge Room reverb into a Plexdelay Mod Wash for my lead tone.

Are there new algorithms or just new default values? If I save the whole block in my library, reselect the models on all 4 channels, then load the block from my library, will I have the improved reverbs or the old ones? Just trying to avoid having to manually recreate all 4 channels on my main reverb block.

Regardless, I am noticing a much less dense sound with the same settings on Nimbostratus for example. I can revert to the previous firmware and do an A/B if that would help.

Edit: just tested the same block and preset on to 5.01, Nimbostratus is definitely much less dense than on 6.00 on the same settings. It's pretty obvious when listening and it's visible in the decay of the tails:

View attachment 133813
Did you get any comments/responses on this?

Really hope this nimbostratus density / mix issue I shared earlier gets fixed before release. That is the main reverb I use and it’s a fraction of what it was on 5.01.
I'm following this - I make heavy use of that reverb. Thanks for bringing it up.

Really hope this nimbostratus density / mix issue I shared earlier gets fixed before release. That is one of the main reverbs I use and it’s a fraction of what it was on 5.01.
I need to remember to check on this. I am not at my unit now, but I use the nimbostratus on a few of my go to presets. Wonder why the density would be different.

So I did a little test and compared the same preset between 5.01 and 6 beta.
I couldn't hear any difference between the delays with my preset but I did notice my tone on 5.01 was noticeably brighter so adjusting the presence knob on the new firmware should suffice.

I saw something in the most recent Axe III firmware (if I recall correctly) that the Blackface Fenders would see a significant improvement due to the update in modeling (on some parameter) - I can't find that post though as I think it got subsumed by another post about the next iteration of the Axe III firmware. I'm assuming the same changes are in the FM9 firmware - does anyone remember this or know where it might be posted about? I was pretty pumped to have the Blackfaces upgraded as they're my go-to.

I saw something in the most recent Axe III firmware (if I recall correctly) that the Blackface Fenders would see a significant improvement due to the update in modeling (on some parameter) - I can't find that post though as I think it got subsumed by another post about the next iteration of the Axe III firmware. I'm assuming the same changes are in the FM9 firmware - does anyone remember this or know where it might be posted about? I was pretty pumped to have the Blackfaces upgraded as they're my go-to.

post #8 in the 23.05 thread. sorry I can't post the link.

My verb and delay mix seems a little different in places ...I use them in a weird way to get the spread really wide by using them parallel but adjust the mix instead of the level

... but I gotta say the new drives are really sweet! Especially the nobels. Now I gotta buy one 😂🤣

My verb and delay mix seems a little different in places ...I use them in a weird way to get the spread really wide by using them parallel but adjust the mix instead of the level

... but I gotta say the new drives are really sweet! Especially the nobels. Now I gotta buy one 😂🤣

I know that feel, bruh. 🤜🤛
Been salivating over the GriddleCake since the release that introduced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom