FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a W/D/W setup. Row 5 is where all the effects come together in parallel without running into each other. If I just connected row 4 together with shunts, each effect will be running into the subsequent effects.
It looks like a lot could be learned examining that setup, DP25. Would you be willing to post it?

I have the new firmware installed and the latest FM9-EDIT. I seem to be having a problem trying to backup the unit using the inbuild Fractal-Bot. Even if I just select bthe system backup it goes to 1%, then 2%, then back to 1% etc. Until it gives me a timeout message.
View attachment 133762
Standalone Fractal-Bot seems to work fine.
I had problems on install with timeout and loosing connection. What worked for me was turning off all other usb audio type software like for my interface etc and unplugging other usb devices.

Ok, figured out why I’m not completely gapless, I think. SW1 activates on the way down but 2 & 3 activate on the way up, so there’s a gap. Sorry for the false alarm. I don’t know how to fix/change 2 & 3, if this is just a settings thing I can take this out to a separate thread.
Do you have a hold function on sw 2 & 3?

Set the Gapless option, save presets. I think that's all you need... At least to make gapless work.

Edit:

Set Global Spillover option
Thanks, I will look for Gapless option, not sure where to find it but I will look. I dad however notice this today. ALL my presets, and I mean ALL, have the save light on without me having done any editing. As soon as I go to a new preset the save light is on. I have never seen that before.....
From release notes...

"In addition, the Global Spillover option must be set to "All". When the gapless setting is "All" presets will use the gapless switching when these conditions are met."

Global Spillover is right below the Gapless setting, so simple to find. Both set to All, presets saved... good to go.
Hi KFF, when you say presets saved..... I noticed that ALL my presets, ALL of them have the save light on in FM( edit and Axe3 edit. Is this because we need to save them before we see any gapless changes?

Anybody else having issues copy & pasting presets after the update? After I copy/paste, it's just reverting back to <EMPTY>. Doesn't seem to matter which preset I choose, it's not working.

Hi KFF, when you say presets saved..... I noticed that ALL my presets, ALL of them have the save light on in FM( edit and Axe3 edit. Is this because we need to save them before we see any gapless changes?

Yes... all need to be saved in new firmware if you want to use gapless.

From release notes...

"For preset changes to use the gapless switching the preset must be saved under the currently running firmware version. To do so, perform a “store” operation on the preset from the FM9 panel using the “STORE” key. Alternatively, use the Save Preset (ctrl + s) function from the FM9-Edit Preset Menu. This is required even if there are no changes made otherwise to the preset. Note that the preset will no longer be compatible with previous firmware versions after the store operation."

There is a way to do them all at once. I'll go back and try and find the post for you. Meantime... you may want to do a backup of all your presets if you haven't already.

Anybody else having issues copy & pasting presets after the update? After I copy/paste, it's just reverting back to <EMPTY>. Doesn't seem to matter which preset I choose, it's not working.
One time, but I updated to the new FM9 Edit today. I’m guessing that’s why there’s a new one. I was seeing a lot of weird stuff, presets changing, I imported a preset and it changed the one before it, etc. I’ll keep an eye out.

Is this because we need to save them before we see any gapless changes?

Try this. It's not clear as day, but you should be able to figure it out. If not, let me know and I'll type it out clearer.

Figured this out! Go to global setup button. on windows its control plus shift then right click on something like eq type for output 3(didnt even have to change it ) the window pops up asking if you want multiple presets , select that and preset window opens, control+A to select all and click save. I had no idea this batch feature existed..

It will take a few minutes to save them all... naturally. But far better than the alternative.

Good luck. It's easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom