FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the batch setter on a param you never touch. I used the Output Level of the Output2 block, but any one that's always the same in EVERY preset will do nicely. @austinbuddy has a nice how-to in this post: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-firmware-version-6-00-public-beta-1.201261/post-2513909 a couple pages back in the replies on this thread. :) HTH!
Figured this out! Go to global setup button. on windows its control plus shift then right click on something like eq type for output 3(didnt even have to change it ) the window pops up asking if you want multiple presets , select that and preset window opens, control A to select all and click save. I had no idea this batch feature existed..

Woulda thought "ass-like" would involve bottom and not top.... 🤔
And usually you would be correct. Depends on the ass, I guess.

But back on topic. Anyone else seeing the red "Preset edited, save or discard?" (heavily paraphrased) dialog box when changing presets that have not been edited in any way on the device? Doesn't happen every time, but often enough. Not often enough to sully the otherwise amazing experience with this update, but still often.

And usually you would be correct. Depends on the ass, I guess.

But back on topic. Anyone else seeing the red "Preset edited, save or discard?" (heavily paraphrased) dialog box when changing presets that have not been edited in any way on the device? Doesn't happen every time, but often enough. Not often enough to sully the otherwise amazing experience with this update, but still often.
Yes, this is expected. When you load a preset created with an older firmware version there's some conversion work done on load to make it gapless-compatible. This is an edit, so the preset edited light is going to turn on.

Yes, this is expected. When you load a preset created with an older firmware version there's some conversion work done on load to make it gapless-compatible. This is an edit, so the preset edited light is going to turn on.
Awesome, thanks a bunch!

EDIT: And just to be clear, this is the case regardless of Gapless being switched on or not, correct? I haven't gotten around to toying with it just yet.

Last edited:
a 5153 red stealth! woot woot!
I pretty use the 100watt Red channel model for all my dirty tones. I boost it with a SD Drive for solos and dial it back with a Klon for bluesy classic rock tones.
Wonder what the main difference is with the stealth.

a 5153 red stealth! woot woot!
I pretty use the 100watt Red channel model for all my dirty tones. I boost it with a SD Drive for solos and dial it back with a Klon for bluesy classic rock tones.
Wonder what the main difference is with the stealth.
I use the 5153 pretty much exclusively so I need to fire the stealth up for sure!

82.6% - yeah...that's creeped up. I hadn't had problems at that level before. Now that it's gapless, I'll move my acoustic scene from the all-in-one into a trimmed down preset and see if that helps. Thanks!

@FractalAudio - this was the problem. Interesting, it seems a little less tolerant of higher CPU than before. Anything over 80% seems to be a problem. Regardless, a little trimming of the fat resolved the problem.

@FractalAudio - this was the problem. Interesting, it seems a little less tolerant of higher CPU than before. Anything over 80% seems to be a problem. Regardless, a little trimming of the fat resolved the problem.
My main preset was at 83-84% before the update. After the update, with gapless set to OFF, it was hitting the warning. I removed a phaser block and it went down to 82% and no warning. I set gapless to all and it went to the upper end of 84% sometimes even displaying 85% and no warning.

My main preset was at 83-84% before the update. After the update, with gapless set to OFF, it was hitting the warning. I removed a phaser block and it went down to 82% and no warning. I set gapless to all and it went to the upper end of 84% sometimes even displaying 85% and no warning.
So you're able to run a preset at 83-85%? :oops: I start to get dropouts at anything 81% or more...

So you're able to run a preset at 83-85%? :oops: I start to get dropouts at anything 81% or more...

Interesting that some folks can run theirs at higher CPUs than others.

Seeing this many changes in one release terrifies me a little, but also glad to see all those updates making it over.
They weren't really in one release. There were many private releases too.

Odds are good with more eyes on it in open beta we'll find a couple more, but it's really solid as is.

Quick question: Does this mean we need to select a different model then reselect the previous one and redo any preferred settings or will recalling it from our blocks libraries do the same?
I asked the same question regarding updated reverb engines a few pages ago, but had no reply. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom