FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to the team at Fractal, these sorts of updates are unheard of in other ecosystems.

Excited to install this later today!

Question about this -
"
  • Updated many of the Reverb models. Existing presets are not affected. Reselecting the model will load the new default values."
Will saving a current reverb block and loading it again bring it up with UPDATED engines, but old values? Or the only difference in reverbs are the " stock" values selected? Not sure I understand what was updated I guess :)

Beyond excited for gapless switching and reduced latency! Having Axe 3 and FM9 at the same time I felt like 3 had more bounce to it when playing, when I read about this it all made sense.
Thank you, team!
I see nothing in the release notes about reduced latency. Did I miss something?

It did indeed.

Initial impressions include the fact that I have to mess around with the low end much less than before. Not sure if it's real, but in the past I've had to use various kinds of acrobatics, at times, to tame the low end on many amps, but now it seems more clear right from the get go. Also, the top end on some of the Marshall models finally have that almost furious "snarl" that I've been chasing for some time, usually trying to add way too much high end making the tone in the process brittle and, well, generally ass-like.

Pretty sure much of this is just the excitement in me, but everything really does sound excellent based on a short test drive.
I just finished recording a few comparison samples and I confirm there's a noticeable improvement on the low-mids and the top end seems to have less nasty fizz than before, at least on the amps I tried. Overall the clarity seems improved

Here I Am Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

<<Gapless Preset/Scene/Channel Switching : A new parameter in SETUP > Global Settings > Gapless Channel/Scene/Preset has three settings; Off, Channel & Scene, and All. For preset changes to use the gapless switching the preset must be saved under the currently running firmware version. To do so, perform a “store” operation on the preset from the FM9 panel using the “STORE” key. Alternatively, use the Save Preset (ctrl + s) function from the FM9-Edit Preset Menu. This is required even if there are no changes made otherwise to the preset. >>

Hi @m_brown rown

Okay. I did this in hardware. I do see latest FM9-editor Setup has a place for Gapless now but it's blank for now, probably something coming.

I picked Chnl/scene Gapless (not All).

My question is, to be clear, do I need to individually save all 512 presets one by one for the new Gapless to take effect in each preset, or do i simply save one preset?

I know I can use the Batch parameter change utility to effectively do this (not changing a parameter, but it will still save each preset I select)...Just wanted to make sure doing ti correctly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom