FM9 Firmware Version 5.01

The Office No GIF
Just checking in to see the gapless firmware update hasnt come to fm9 yet and see all the other stupid comments like mine.... I am patient I swear...

24.04 just hit on the big dog. Lapped again LOL. Lots of updated amps, which is cool. I typically use the BE100 so those updates have me curious. Fingers crossed this all makes its way to the 9. I don't think Cliff ever sleeps LOL.

Last edited:
The III really does get an incredible amount of updates whilst the other units seem to lag being it for a while eh? Why would they not be more synced..?

Here's a question. Whenever there is an update to the III, does that restart the whole process of porting to the FM3/FM9?

24.04 looks pretty minor, as one would expect from a +.01 update.
No biggie. Private Beta will be Beta soon here.

The III really does get an incredible amount of updates whilst the other units seem to lag being it for a while eh? Why would they not be more synced..?
Different people working on them and constraints of the hardware.

Everyone is not Cliff.

Being in a similar position to Cliff in my own job - nobody else on my team gets complex stuff done in the same amount of time as I do... But I (and he) can't do it all - not enough hours in the day so you delegate to others.

Different hardware architectures. Cliff usually creates new algorithms and features on the III. Then once stable other engineers ports these features to other platforms.
I totally get that but… it’s not even close to as frequent I guess is what I’m saying.

It’s an observation rather than a criticism. It’s not like the current FW doesn’t sound amazing.

Back
Top Bottom