FM9 Firmware Version 5.01

There was a complaint about bugs in some of the AF3 public betas (not me, I have no problem with getting firmware earlier at the risk of bugs), so I’m guessing that the private beta testers are scrubbing pretty hard before we see a public. Just a guess.

There was a complaint about bugs in some of the AF3 public betas (not me, I have no problem with getting firmware earlier at the risk of bugs), so I’m guessing that the private beta testers are scrubbing pretty hard before we see a public. Just a guess.
Correct I suspect , Cliff even mentioned that unfortunately private beta did not catch all the bugs related to the gapless switching
Honestly I would rather we wait a bit and get a stable release than push and have to have it pulled back

Correct I suspect , Cliff even mentioned that unfortunately private beta did not catch all the bugs related to the gapless switching
Honestly I would rather we wait a bit and get a stable release than push and have to have it pulled back
I’m fine either way, whatever Cliff wants. This latest AF3 firmware looks to be pretty much magical, yet he keeps taking hits. The fact that he hasn’t pulled back his forum involvement due to that BS is pretty amazing.

You may be referring to my comment. It was more a concern than a complaint. Also, It was not a beta, it was an official firmware release.

I also have an AF3 and while I don't do every single beta, I've never, ever had a work stopping level problem with any production release, ever. Same was true with my AF2 and AF1.

A lot of the bugs in prod releases are tweaks of values and of responses - not stability fixes fwiw. I've never had a fractal unit crash, seize or anything even mildly scary on prod code, ever.

Last edited:
A big thanks to those that provided a workaround for the scene switch gap. My previous config was using two amp blocks (both enabled at the same time) and switching those two blocks to different channels which resulted in an audio gap when switching from one scene to another. In a nutshell, I wanted to switch between real dirty and real clean within the same song. After setting up each amp block to one gritty and the other clean and having only one active in each scene, I had no gap. Kudos to you guys.

Dog Tease GIF

Back
Top Bottom