FM9 Firmware Version 5.00

Had this sort of thing happen once last week. Restarting everything fixed it, and, knock wood (raps side of own head) it hasn't happened again....
In my case, the extra block followed preset changes, too. Restarting FM9-Edit cleared it.

If anyone else encounters it, please check the hardware to see if the blocks are also on the front panel or only the editor (I failed to think about it).

FW 5.0 has been running smoothly for me since updating - I skipped the beta entirely - but I noticed something rather odd,

After updating, I spent some time rejigging a preset, we'll call it "Preset A". I changed the cab block over to Dyna-cabs on all 4 channels, made some changes to all 4 channels in my pitch and drive blocks, and set my preferences per scene for the amp/cab/drive/pitch. Saved the preset, played for a while, turned off the FM9. The next night I created a new preset from scratch in an empty slot right next to that one (Preset B we'll say). And the following night, I booted back up, selected Preset A, and noticed all the channels were not as I had saved them (cab block was on D but I had saved it on B and set scene ignore ON, Pitch block was ENABLED which I did not save ON, amp block was on a channel I haven't used in at least a month)

Something else was when booting up the unit on Preset A, the volume was WAY higher in the booted scene. I had to stomp away to another scene and switch back, after which it was normal. This happened three times. I did RANF manually even after I saw FM9-Edit do it automatically post-update.

If it happens again and I can faithfully reproduce it I'll post the preset, wondering if anyone else noticed things like that?

... And the following night, I booted back up, selected Preset A, and noticed all the channels were not as I had saved them (cab block was on D but I had saved it on B and set scene ignore ON, Pitch block was ENABLED which I did not save ON, amp block was on a channel I haven't used in at least a month)

Something else was when booting up the unit on Preset A, the volume was WAY higher in the booted scene. I had to stomp away to another scene and switch back, after which it was normal. This happened three times. I did RANF manually even after I saw FM9-Edit do it automatically post-update.

If it happens again and I can faithfully reproduce it I'll post the preset, wondering if anyone else noticed things like that?

Just got home and booted up the FM9T for the first time since playing a show Sunday. Upon booting up, the pitch block is enabled (virtual capo, shift -1) and footswitch #3 isn't working.

I can say with 100% certainty that I did not once touch the pitch block during our set, nor did I save anything, and on Sunday when I turned on my FM9T it was perfectly fine including normal footswitch operation and expected block behaviour. So this seems to be intermittent. Could it be gremlins in the preset?

It's attached here. I did disable the pitch block and double check all my other settings, then save, just like I did on Saturday before the gig. Any insight is appreciated, could always rebuild from scratch if I had to but a minor PITA

Attachments

• So Energy So Power.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
The ghost block issue happened to me, too
I tried to delete a preset that wasn’t working properly. After deleting the preset a couple of blocks remained. I couldn’t remove/ delete them. Only after I over wrote it with an empty preset I could finally get rid of those ghost blocks. I had no audio issues

Hello

I have a problem with dynacabs.

In presets created by me, whether edited by some from the factory, or others created from scratch, in the Cabs bank I choose one of the Legacy.

But if when you turn on the FM9 processor and it starts in one of those presets created or edited by me, when changing in Cabs from the Legacy to the DYNACABS, no sound is heard. I must select one of the Cabs options within the Dynacabs and the sound is played. Although you must select the default cab again, that is, once selected again, the sound is played.

I don't know if it only happens to me, and if not it will be solved with subsequent Firmware updates.

Say that I use FM9 Edit through the Windows 11 operating system.

But if when you turn on the FM9 processor and it starts in one of those presets created or edited by me, when changing in Cabs from the Legacy to the DYNACABS, no sound is heard. I must select one of the Cabs options within the Dynacabs and the sound is played. Although you must select the default cab again, that is, once selected again, the sound is played.

I don't know if it only happens to me, and if not it will be solved with subsequent Firmware updates.
It doesn’t happen to everyone, but that’s the nature of the beast.

If you can reproduce the problem every time then write down the steps. If it requires a specific preset then include that.

Odds are really good that the system globals and settings backup file will help too. Do a full backup, then reset your system settings back to the factory settings and see if that helps. If the problem goes away, and returns when you readjust or reload the settings to your preferences then include that information too.

Submit that information in the thread and tag the person who originally created the thread and they can dig into the problem.

Problems that can not be reproduced consistently are really hard to fix because they require unknown conditions to align in the test systems so the more we can tell and show them the better.

It doesn’t happen to everyone, but that’s the nature of the beast.

If you can reproduce the problem every time then write down the steps. If it requires a specific preset then include that.

Odds are really good that the system globals and settings backup file will help too. Do a full backup, then reset your system settings back to the factory settings and see if that helps. If the problem goes away, and returns when you readjust or reload the settings to your preferences then include that information too.

Submit that information in the thread and tag the person who originally created the thread and they can dig into the problem.

Problems that can not be reproduced consistently are really hard to fix because they require unknown conditions to align in the test systems so the more we can tell and show them the better.
OK

If I make a backup these days and restore the factory settings, I will comment with the result.

Thank you.

In presets created by me, whether edited by some from the factory, or others created from scratch, in the Cabs bank I choose one of the Legacy.

I had this before once but didn't know what happened. So after reading the post of @MrSambo i tried to reproduce and had the same result: no sound.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Create an empty preset with In1, Amp, Cab, Out2.
2) Make sure the Cab channel is default (Type Legacy)
3) Save the preset.
4) Turn off and on the FM9
5) Change Cab Type to Dyna-Cab
Result: no sound!

Change the selected cab in the dropdown, now there is sound.

(I think it is not related to the attached preset, but this is the preset i created now and start up with.)

Attachments

• Test.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
I had this before once but didn't know what happened. So after reading the post of @MrSambo i tried to reproduce and had the same result: no sound.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Create an empty preset with In1, Amp, Cab, Out2.
2) Make sure the Cab channel is default (Type Legacy)
3) Save the preset.
4) Turn off and on the FM9
5) Change Cab Type to Dyna-Cab
Result: no sound!

Change the selected cab in the dropdown, now there is sound.

(I think it is not related to the attached preset, but this is the preset i created now and start up with.)
Hello. This is exactly how you explained it.

They told me via email from Fractal that we will have to wait for a new update, as they have confirmed the error.

Thank you @md1234

Grettings!!!

Dang it. Cant seem to get the Dynacabs installed. Tried 2x now.
1. updated Edit to 1.02.05
2. updated fm9 firmware to 5.00; confirmed by Fractal-Bot
3. installed the Dynacab fw.
4. refreshed after New Firmware probably a half dozen times.
5. i go to any pre-loaded preset like "65 Bassguy", go to the cab block & click on "Legacy". All I see is Factory 1, Factory 2, Legacy, Scratchpad and User.
6. yes, read the release notes as well.

What am i missing?

UPDATE...funny as soon as i create a post asking for help, i find the answer. I'm clicking the wrong "Legacy" box. I should have selected the "Type" dropdown under the Channel Selection box along the left margin. Leaving this up for any other newbies. i'll gladly be tonight's idiot if it helps someone else.

I'm still having weird issues where reloading a preset does not respect the block channels that I had saved across all scenes. This has happened on several presets including one I created from scratch, and to be sure I'm not insane I have gone through every scene and channel of blocks like the cab, drive, pitch, set them where they need to be and saved.

Getting some setlists together using the sets/songs feature I am stepping through the set and channels are different than what I saved - in particular the cab block, as well as the Pitch block is suddenly activating itself (when the preset was saved with it bypassed in all scenes)

Anyone else experiencing this? I thought to email support but wanted to hear from others first. With several gigs coming up I'm open to suggestions even if it takes some time to reflash etc

I'm still having weird issues where reloading a preset does not respect the block channels that I had saved across all scenes. This has happened on several presets including one I created from scratch, and to be sure I'm not insane I have gone through every scene and channel of blocks like the cab, drive, pitch, set them where they need to be and saved.

Getting some setlists together using the sets/songs feature I am stepping through the set and channels are different than what I saved - in particular the cab block, as well as the Pitch block is suddenly activating itself (when the preset was saved with it bypassed in all scenes)

Anyone else experiencing this? I thought to email support but wanted to hear from others first. With several gigs coming up I'm open to suggestions even if it takes some time to reflash etc
Scene Ignore on the block is the only reason that should happen.

Back
Top Bottom