FM9 Firmware Version 5.00

The update in 5.0 did not work, the FM9 does not boot any more I have a white screen at startup ...... how should I proceed to force a reload?

Was immediately able to dial in a great Dyna-Cab sound for my main live preset. I AB'd against my go-to Legacy IRs and it was absolutely no contest. More clarity, more punch, just a more 3D sound in general from the Dyna-Cabs. Absolutely loving the update. Thank you as always for all of the effort and time. Another great step forward for the FM9.

Was immediately able to dial in a great Dyna-Cab sound for my main live preset. I AB'd against my go-to Legacy IRs and it was absolutely no contest. More clarity, more punch, just a more 3D sound in general from the Dyna-Cabs. Absolutely loving the update. Thank you as always for all of the effort and time. Another great step forward for the FM9.
Well, shit. I guess I'm updating tonight too then. :)

At first I was not impressed with the REVV models as I don't do metal. But I have been playing with the Green 1 and finding it a wonderful unique clean pallet to work with. It has a crispness and clarity that gives me goosebumps. And adding a drive and/or modulation and time effects are a delight.

This is a remarkable piece of gear that keeps improving. I started with the Ultra years ago, then to AX8, and now FM9 - and fractal just keeps getting better. Thank you!

...aaaaaand, it's almost 5pm, there's a new firmware to load, and Hurricane Hilary remnants decide to make a pile of nice thunderstorms heading this way imminently. 😀

Careful a power outage can brick a firmware update on any flashed update to any device!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the external controller initial value bug is still present. On first boot, the first loaded preset ignores the global settings for external controller initial value and defaults to 100%. Every preset change after that loads the correct global initial value (until the external controller is moved for the first time).

I had lighning hit the neighbor's roof and our local power transformer in the front yard, both about 15 feet outside the window. LOUD simultaneous flash and bang at 6am....
Glad that no one was hurt. Mother nature doesn't play games. I live near Mt Ranier. Mt Ranier is the third most likely volcano to erupt. This area is also a century or two overdue for a 9+ earthquake. We think that we're in control. But we aren't. Hubris misplaced . . .

Glad that the lightening didn't cause more damage to your property or family.

Glad that no one was hurt. Mother nature doesn't play games. I live near Mt Ranier. Mt Ranier is the third most likely volcano to erupt. This area is also a century or two overdue for a 9+ earthquake. We think that we're in control. But we aren't. Hubris misplaced . . .

Glad that the lightening didn't cause more damage to your property or family.
My first AxeFX3 lost its USB port.

I had lighning hit the neighbor's roof and our local power transformer in the front yard, both about 15 feet outside the window. LOUD simultaneous flash and bang at 6am....

We get those a lot in Colorado. We have probably had 20 instant flash-booms this summer alone. Always causes the lights to flicker and sometimes computers to reboot (EMP). For a while we were the state with the highest lightning fatalities. Not sure where we stack up now but thunderstorms are awesome in their display of nature's power. Anyone that doesn't respect them is a fool.

We get those a lot in Colorado. We have probably had 20 instant flash-booms this summer alone. Always causes the lights to flicker and sometimes computers to reboot (EMP). For a while we were the state with the highest lightning fatalities. Not sure where we stack up now but thunderstorms are awesome in their display of nature's power. Anyone that doesn't respect them is a fool.
I grew up in Seattle. My step-father (who has been dead for a few years, God rest his soul) invited me to sit on the roof of our family home when I was 10 to watch a very unusual dry lightening storm. So grateful that no one was hurt. But man, what an idiotic thing to do. Sitting on a roof in a lightening storm . . . Didn't like my step-father much.

Back
Top Bottom