FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Import/export preset in the various editors.

FracTool is the defacto tool for converting from older generation units, but it's recommended to use editor for current generation.
In this case this doesn't work.... FM3fw6.01 and AXE3fw21.04 are not compatible with FM9fw4.00

Determining whether the different Gen 3 platform firmware versions are in sync is just way too difficult IMHO.

I would have loved it if when the FM units were introduced, their Axe-Fx III based firmware versions would have used the same version number that they were based on. And kept the matching version numbers from then on. If the firmware versions are in sync, the version numbers should be too.

At the next alignment of the firmware versions of the FM units to the Axe-Fx III, It would be so nice if their firmware version names would also align.

after that point...
  1. Minor changes that leave the units otherwise compatible would show a change in the hundredths decimal.
  2. Something more significant like added models, or functions (but existing preset are unchanged) would show a change in the tenths decimal.
  3. Any major changes to the modeling algorithms that would alter any existing preset would show a change in the actual firmware version number.
In the past, when a completely new modeling algorithm was introduced (Quantum, Ares, etc..), the firmware numbering system was restarted. Maybe the next Cygnus X3, or whatever would be a good time to start over on all three units and get them sync'd up.

EDIT... I started a Wish thread.. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ynchronization-across-all-gen-3-units.193110/

Last edited:
Determining whether the different Gen 3 platform firmware versions are in sync is just way too difficult IMHO.

I would have loved it if when the FM units were introduced, their Axe-Fx III based firmware versions would have used the same version number that they were based on. And kept the matching version numbers from then on. If the firmware versions are in sync, the version numbers should be too.

At the next alignment of the firmware versions of the FM units to the Axe-Fx III, It would be so nice if their firmware version names would also align.

after that point...
  1. Minor changes that leave the units otherwise compatible would show a change in the hundredths decimal.
  2. Something more significant like added models, or functions (but existing preset are unchanged) would show a change in the tenths decimal.
  3. Any major changes to the modeling algorithms that would alter any existing preset would show a change in the actual firmware version number.
In the past, when a completely new modeling algorithm was introduced (Quantum, Ares, etc..), the firmware numbering system was restarted. Maybe the next Cygnus X3, or whatever would be a good time to start over on all three units and get them sync'd up.
I agree.
For me, one of the beautiful things of Fractal products is that the systems (axe3, fm9, fm3) was aligned. I could take a preset from FM3 and put it on FM9…. At the moment this is not always possible.
I have purchased FM9 to replace my AxeFx3 and FM3: AxeFx3 is too big for live event, and fm3 is too small (for may needs). But at the moment I don’t be able to use my new FM9 for live…. So FM9 stays “shut-down” in my studio and I still use my AxeFx3 until the fw4.01 will be released…. 😪
(I don’t want install beta)

Thank you all for contributing.
Hope release come 🕰️

after that point...
Sounds like a wish!

after that point...
I think this is a great idea.
On the fm3 - you could call it version 1c - have a side note of the differences of a, b, and c in case certain effects are/were not included due to hardware limitations
on the fm9 - call it version 1b - same as above
on the ax3 - call it version 1a

I think this is a great idea.
On the fm3 - you could call it version 1c - have a side note of the differences of a, b, and c in case certain effects are/were not included due to hardware limitations
on the fm9 - call it version 1b - same as above
on the ax3 - call it version 1a
I don't think that a letter suffix is needed? Just something like what we already have, but numerally sync'd..

'Axe-Fx III Pegasus 1.01', 'FM9 Pegasus 1.00', 'FM3 Pegasus 1.00' etc...

I started a Wish thread.. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ynchronization-across-all-gen-3-units.193110/

Now with Tonex, Headrush and all new products that can make profile or captures I wish that Fractal add to the FM9 the Tone Match block, I know maybe the problem is the CPU but if they can incorporate this should be the Perfect unit ever!!!! Don't get me wrong now is the best unit for me!!! but with tonematch the FM9 will be on top!!

Now with Tonex, Headrush and all new products that can make profile or captures I wish that Fractal add to the FM9 the Tone Match block, I know maybe the problem is the CPU but if they can incorporate this should be the Perfect unit ever!!!! Don't get me wrong now is the best unit for me!!! but with tonematch the FM9 will be on top!!
It's very unlikely a question of CPU power. The AxeFx2 has it, AX8 not, AxeFx3 has it, FM3 and FM9 not.

100% agree. FM9 blows away my Axe II but it can't TM :rolleyes:

If it helps at all, I have a stack of amps and an FM9, and with the right IRs they can sound almost indistinguishable. The Fractal amp modeling, especially since Cygnus, is unbelievably good.

Guess we're waiting on at least one more beta release before the next official version as dyna cabs would require at least one beta.

Guess we're waiting on at least one more beta release before the next official version as dyna cabs would require at least one beta.
Not sure if the fm9 and fm3 will have the horses to run it. Reports on other threads state that there is a cpu hit involved even on the AX3 to the tune of 3% per cab. If that holds true, that might be a huge factor for FM3 and FM9 users. I'm already running at 80% on an fm9T

Not sure if the fm9 and fm3 will have the horses to run it. Reports on other threads state that there is a cpu hit involved even on the AX3 to the tune of 3% per cab. If that holds true, that might be a huge factor for FM3 and FM9 users. I'm already running at 80% on an fm9T
It's already been reported elsewhere that Cliff has said he's been working on it for FM9.

It's already been reported elsewhere that Cliff has said he's been working on it for FM9.
oh, I'm sure they'll add it. Not sure that it will work for people that run at presets running at 80% though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom