FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this link. If this is a possible addition to this update, by all means, take all the time you need! LOL

I gigged the original Two Notes Torpedo CAB for a couple years and I always thought their native IRs were very cool because they allowed the user to virtually move the mic placement and hear the result in real time. It was as if their IRs were made up of a 3D grid of sorts to account for tonal attributes based on placement (cone, cap, edge, or whatever in between) and distance. If Dyna-Cabs are along these lines, I'm pretty sure this will be a welcome, & huge game changer once it's implemented.

I gigged the original Two Notes Torpedo CAB for a couple years and I always thought their native IRs were very cool because they allowed the user to virtually move the mic placement and hear the result in real time.
Same...I had the Torpedo Live, and liked the IRs. The Quad Cortex has a similar graphic control for mics. I'd guess that because I've used FAS stuff so much, I just punched in numbers, so the graphic interface wasn't really a big deal to me. At the end of the day, my FAS rigs sound so good now, I'm not antsy about DynaCab, but I'm bettin I'll love it when it drops.

In the other thread it's mentioned that the new IRs are twice the file size, though I can't remember which resolution was being referenced. I'm wondering how it might be completely different from the Two Notes stuff as well. The name, "Dyna-Cabs" makes me wonder if there might be something entirely different afoot.

If I understand correctly, IRs are a snapshot on the components used in recording a guitar cabinet in time. What can be captured with twice the file size? And make everything more dynamic? Would it necessarily be better if the snapshot were more like a motion picture instead? I'm way out of my wheelhouse here, just thinking out loud as it were.

Liquidsonics has done some interesting things in the reverb realm of IRs using 2 convolution engines. One dedicated to loading an early reflection IR, the other engine dedicated to the tail portion of reverb. I can't imagine how any of this might apply to speaker cab IRs, if at all. Whatever it is, based on the few years I've had the pleasure of using FAS stuff, I have little doubt there's some next level stuff brewing.

Last edited:
In the other thread it's mentioned that the new IRs are twice the file size, though I can't remember which resolution was being referenced. I'm wondering how it might be completely different from the Two Notes stuff as well. The name, "Dyna-Cabs" makes me wonder if there might be something entirely different afoot.
Cliff is not a follower. He might sit back and observe and dissect, but when he moves he’s deliberate and has a plan to improve and surpass. I think he intends to disrupt the IR market and consequently the competition.

@Greg Ferguson has a long history of helping people here on the forum. Once in a while, he has the directness of a born-and-bred engineer, as do many of us. Sometimes we forget how that banter sounds to less-techie folks, but it’s not being mean. It’s more like the directness that your doctor might use when talking about the rash you showed him. Know that he’s here to help you.
Agree, also many of us in the forum are foreigners and not necessarily used to all the American intricacies on how to sound polite and pleasant in a conversation or over text. A direct to the point answer doesnt sound rude to many people outside the US or not native speakers, specially those of us used to read technical literature…

I loaded the Beta 2 when it became available and have had zero issues after 2 full rehearsals and many hours at home, I Love the large screen option and I know I have the forum to back me up if I have any issues. Use the forum, everyone is here to help and share!
So I had a new issue with the Beta 2 this weekend, I have a favorite starter amp and cab I load into a blank preset which is the Brit Mod and factory 148, when I loaded them alone in the preset the amp was completely gutless and sounded like crap which never happened before. It sounded like the input was turned way down and I was only getting about 1/4 of the breakup or distortion expected. I saved the preset and backed out to another preset to check that I had the correct amp and cab, when I went back to it everything was fine. I had this happen multiple times and every time when I went back everything was fine and sounded like expected. Not a big issue but scary at first wondering if something is going to crash.
Any ideas? or just keep plugging away at it?

Same...I had the Torpedo Live, and liked the IRs. The Quad Cortex has a similar graphic control for mics. I'd guess that because I've used FAS stuff so much, I just punched in numbers, so the graphic interface wasn't really a big deal to me. At the end of the day, my FAS rigs sound so good now, I'm not antsy about DynaCab, but I'm bettin I'll love it when it drops.
100% feel the same.

Hi! a month has passed since Beta2..
Does anyone have any idea about the release date?
I'm not able to import my FM3-preset on FM9 (seems that firmwares are not compatible) .... so I still can't use my FM9 on live....
Thanks to all 🙏🙏🙏

I'm not able to import my FM3-preset on FM9 (seems that firmwares are not compatible) .... so I still can't use my FM9 on live....
Thanks to all 🙏🙏🙏
Have you tried using Fractool to convert your FM3 preset? I've been having some luck converting other units' presets with it.

Has anyone got any ideas about this problem I had today. I tried to roll back from the beta to FW4.0. All looked fine and the device rebooted as normal but there were no FC layouts on the FM9 or FM9 Edit. After a few reboots and no success I then reinstalled the beta and still had the same problem. The only way I could fix this was to reload my backup file. I have never experienced this problem before on the FM9 or AXE3 and so not sure what was up.

Thanks to all 🙏🙏🙏
Just tried one minute ago. It doesn’t work.
If I import to FM9 my old presets of FM3(fw5.03) they work on FM9. But if I import my last presets (realised in FM3 fw6.01) they don’t work.
I try with fractool but it is the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom