FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gigged the newest beta as yet? I've been telling myself to hold out for the final release, but I know I'm going to love this new display option - along with all the rest I'm sure. Any hiccups of note, or is the water fine as they say?

Has anyone gigged the newest beta as yet? I've been telling myself to hold out for the final release, but I know I'm going to love this new display option - along with all the rest I'm sure. Any hiccups of note, or is the water fine as they say?
Not yet but soon. I had it running for practice last weekend and I'll be using it on Saturday for a gig.

I was thinking of taking my FM9 out tonight but I typically don't decide until the last minute when some whim kicks in.

Me too, gig last weekend - no issues.

I had my FM9 rig out tonight, without problems, playing blues at a jam using the ODS-100 Ford scenes all evening, probably for three hours, not switching presets except when I was setting up, and got lots of compliments on the sound. Interestingly enough, several of the staid horn players were asking me all about it and were impressed with it. They’re real-deal serious horn players, who have a long list of big names they’ve played with, so their interest was fun.

PS - that preset, with a PRS Custom 22 Semihollow, really works well.

Last edited:
I had my FM9 rig out tonight, without problems, playing blues at a jam using the ODS-100 Ford scenes all evening, probably for three hours, not switching presets except when I was setting up, and got lots of compliments on the sound. Interestingly enough, several of the staid horn players were asking me all about it and were impressed with it. They’re real-deal serious horn players, who have a long list of big names they’ve played with, so their interest was fun.

PS - that preset, with a PRS Custom 22 Semihollow, really works well.
When I first got my fm3 I was about fifty fifty on the factory presets. Now I love them and often use those

I don't have any experience with previous firmwares. I just got my FM9 last week and immediately loaded this firmware. If not for anything else besides the larger display options. So far so good. But I'm still learning all the ins and outs of the device. I've been going through the @Cooper Carter master class and really learning a ton. Back when I tried a Helix, I didn't enjoy it at all. The FM9 seems much more promising! I also took delivery of an EV PXM12-MP yesterday, so I'll need to start dialing that in as well.

Just had a display issue with preset names disappearing and/or having totally bonkers characters.
FM9 had been on for a couple hours. Never seen it before. I don't gig betas and don't recommend it.

Just had a display issue with preset names disappearing and/or having totally bonkers characters.
FM9 had been on for a couple hours. Never seen it before. I don't gig betas and don't recommend it.
Hmm. I leave my FM9 on 24/7 for weeks, and updated to the current firmware as soon as it became available and I haven't seen that occur.

Was it idling or what were you doing prior to the problem?

For some reason when selecting drives a different drive loads on several of them. When selecting the bosom it selects hot griddle as an example

its a beta I'm not going to sweat it. the GA versions have always been bulletproof for me going back years.

Posible bug no1

Small problem: changing drive to Bosom Boost make pop sound (0:06)
Bigger problem: for Bosom Boost knob Mid from tab Basic is conected to High Mid from tab Tone (inplace MID?).

Posible bug no 2
After Save to new preset number command in FM9-Edit on screen on unit preset is displayed blended (like unopened). Screen blink like allwas after pushinfg button Enter on FM9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom