FM9 Firmware Version 2.01

Yeha I saw that too, can someone comment on hat does the 6CA7 "AMP" stand for?
Amperex was my assumption.

Top to bottom: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/attachments/power-tubes-png.100189/

(AMP) Amperex,
(JJ) JJ (Jan Jurco, founder),
(GE) General Electric,
(SVET) Svetlana,
(TUNG) Tung-Sol,
(MULL) Mullard,
(GEN) Genelex

For the preamp tubes there is also:

(RCA) RCA "Radio Corporation of America",
(Syl) Sylvania,

EDIT: Changed Genelec to Genelex, thanks GLiDE BPM

Last edited:
I used 2.01 over 2.01b2 in my last rehearsal and the sound was a little different, not in a good way on my preset... still investigating
Could be psychological of course, so i'm going to record 2 reamps today

Last edited:
  • Fix: Home menu screen will update when the scene is changed from any source, including MIDI.
Selecting a preset via the front panel does not instantiate/revert to the Home page for me:

2.01 release:

2.01 Beta 2 DOES/DID instantiate/revert to the Home page:

Selecting a preset via the front panel does not instantiate/revert to the Home page for me:

2.01 release:

2.01 Beta 2 DOES/DID instantiate/revert to the Home page:

Hi,
The line in the change notes refers to changing the preset when the FM9 is currently showing the layout grid or an effect editing screen, for example. In previous versions some sources of preset change, like an FC switch or MIDI command wouldn't also return the FM9 screen to the home menu.
The name "home menu" probably isn't the best term, either. It can often mean the "Home" tab of the preset recall menu, which is the menu screen shown at startup. The tabs "Home," "Perform-PP," "Perform_Gbl," "Presets," and "Meters" are all considered part of this menu. Changing the preset using the "Presets" like in the movie now keeps the "Presets" tab in view. This is the same way the Axe-FX III functions in its most up-to-date version.
Thanks.

As a 5f8 user for a few years, I updated and tried all 3 of the new versions and while im sure they sound the same, my ears told me to move on to something else.

Amperex was my assumption.

Top to bottom: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/attachments/power-tubes-png.100189/

(AMP) Amperex,
(GE) General Electric,
(SVET) Svetlana,
(TUNG) Tung-Sol,
(MULL) Mullard,
(GEN) Genelec

For the preamp tubes there is also:

(RCA) RCA "Radio Corporation of America",
(Syl) Sylvania,
I wonder if theses are all NOS , like the Mullard types or SVET ( winged C) or all modern production tubes

I used 2.01 over 2.01b2 in my last rehearsal and the sound was a little different, not in a good way on my preset... still investigating
Could be psychological of course, so i'm going to record 2 reamps today
I’d be curious of your findings! I admit, I feel like my 2.01 v2 beta sounded a little less gainy than the official release that I just installed yesterday. That being said, it’s not a bad thing to me; just an observation where I thought my tone used to have a little less gain.

Hi,
The line in the change notes refers to changing the preset when the FM9 is currently showing the layout grid or an effect editing screen, for example. In previous versions some sources of preset change, like an FC switch or MIDI command wouldn't also return the FM9 screen to the home menu.
The name "home menu" probably isn't the best term, either. It can often mean the "Home" tab of the preset recall menu, which is the menu screen shown at startup. The tabs "Home," "Perform-PP," "Perform_Gbl," "Presets," and "Meters" are all considered part of this menu. Changing the preset using the "Presets" like in the movie now keeps the "Presets" tab in view. This is the same way the Axe-FX III functions in its most up-to-date version.
Thanks.

Ah, cool, thank you for the reply, cheers! :)

I wonder if theses are all NOS , like the Mullard types or SVET ( winged C) or all modern production tubes
Being that there are only a very small number of tube manufacturers still in business, I think it's safe to assume most are based on old ones...

Back
Top Bottom