FM9 + FC6

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
I already have an FC6 that I was using with my FM3. I’m trying to figure out how I might use it with the FM9 when it arrives. 15 switches seems like more than I need.

How would you use the FC6 with the FM9?

I already have an FC6 that I was using with my FM3. I’m trying to figure out how I might use it with the FM9 when it arrives. 15 switches seems like more than I need.

How would you use the FC6 with the FM9?
If you're using the FM9 alone, and adding the FC6 to it, you could use the FC6 to keep your FX/Control switches always available. That's what I do with my pair of FC6es on the FX3 - left one does Presets/Scenes with Preset switches having Layout Links to automagically switch to the Scenes layout when a preset is selected.

The Presets and Scenes layouts on the FM9 are really well thought out, right out of the box, and with 9 switches, they can show all the scenes at the same time, which is pretty handy....

If you have the realestate to put it on the floor I guess it would be a nice add especially if you are using the looper! After having gotten used to an OMG layout I just don't need it.
Yeah I probably won’t need the FC6 tbh. The OMG9 layout was plenty and looks even cleaner on the FM9. We’ll see if I rationalize a reason to use the FC6 lol.

Yeah I probably won’t need the FC6 tbh. The OMG9 layout was plenty and looks even cleaner on the FM9. We’ll see if I rationalize a reason to use the FC6 lol.
I'm going to be giving my FM and FC a quick blast of air, take pic's and put it up for sale! Whoever gets it is going to get a minty new unit as well! When I sent in my FM to be fixed they sent me back a NEW unit with a Headphone jack which was a complete surprise as the one I sent in did not have one. It even has the plastic covers on the screens!

If you have the realestate to put it on the floor I guess it would be a nice add especially if you are using the looper! After having gotten used to an OMG layout I just don't need it.
IIRC, all one needs to do with their layout is to set up a toggle or hold switch to looper, as well as a "return" or "home" switch to return you back to either your previous screen, or a layout of your choice.

When I owned an FM3/FC12, one switch was set up as a hold > looper, and within the looper layout, a toggle to "home" (my 1st user preset scene).

I made sure that each of my layouts had the ability to toggle back "home," because it was discovered that many of the layouts did not direct me to a useful screen each time. It got a bit frustrating trying to "go home" when all I got was detours to somewhere else. I think that what was needed was just a way of finding your way back home again.

Hello I am considering adding the FC62 the FM9 for the reason is you don't have to tap dance around all the buttons which isn't really that big of a deal but combining the 2 together you could have all 8 scenes laid out from the FM9 from right to left over to the FC6 let the 2 far right buttons on the FC6 be your bank up-and-down and then the top 2 buttons on the left of the FC6 could be your tap tempo in tuner and then you can get a fax to go in and then you could have looper laid out constantly on the FM9 that will your one whole patch preset with 8 scenes layer out.

And then the top 3 buttons on the FM9 1 can be your preset the other one can be a A fact and the 3rd 1 can be your looper and always see all 8 scenes at once laid out from left to right from the FM9 over to the FC6 kind of the way I look at it might be cool.

This is not my rig but when I saw this photo a couple of days ago it gave me the idea of adding the FC6 to the FM9 but putting the FC6 on the right side of the FM9 and then you programming it to see all your 8 scenes at once bank up bank down

on the far right of the FC6 tap tempo and tuner on the top 2 left buttons of the FC6 and use everything else on the FM9 like it normally does just kind of a cool idea. I've been with the company 13 years and tour with the flagship ax effects 3 mark 2 turbos this was just another way to get more of a layout right in front of you but I love their gear and it's great as many of you do here.

Attachments

• we4lv7huoagkydcoydwk.jpg
    we4lv7huoagkydcoydwk.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 63
I've been using my FC-6 with my FM9 to display the first five Per-Preset switches and a Tap Tempo button. My FM9 displays scenes 1 through 8 and a button to open the effects layout. I like it having all the buttons available, but I don't actually click the FC-6 buttons as often as I thought I would. Been thinking of selling the FC6 now...

I did that while I had the FC6. It was overkill for my needs and too big a footprint. FC6 is long gone now and I'm happy with the current setup. 👍
My FC6 is hooked to the FX3 in case I ever have to use them separately, but sits atop the rack and gets dusted on occasion. I have pretty much everything I need working from the FM9, three switches plugged into its pedal jacks, and the two ExpressionIO units that handle the 4 expression pedals on the pedals board, the 4 CC switches, and 2 faders on the FM9 board. I can just bring the two boards, my Spacestation XL, and a guitar to any gig or jam and be ready to rock in no time flat....

I use the FM9 with the OFM9G layout, while the FC6 is set on a custom layout in wich I put the preamp Boost, a PEQ that I put at the end of each preset for lead parts, a Filter that I take from AustinBuddy presets and I turn on to compensate when I use single coil, the Drive 1 and Delay 1. In this way I have those things that can be usefull in every situation right and ready at foot.

This is not my rig but when I saw this photo a couple of days ago it gave me the idea of adding the FC6 to the FM9 but putting the FC6 on the right side of the FM9 and then you programming it to see all your 8 scenes at once bank up bank down

on the far right of the FC6 tap tempo and tuner on the top 2 left buttons of the FC6 and use everything else on the FM9 like it normally does just kind of a cool idea. I've been with the company 13 years and tour with the flagship ax effects 3 mark 2 turbos this was just another way to get more of a layout right in front of you but I love their gear and it's great as many of you do here.
Ha....that is my rig. I do it laid out like that due to gig we play at and the stage with wall to right of me. We only play that place and why it is not like all else seem to dig. I feel kind of famous now though......thanks!

Back
Top Bottom