FM9 Edit won't go fullscreen on windows.

I've noticed that Fm9-edit won't go fullscreen on either of my PCs. It goes about 75%
It's not a big deal on my 27" screen but on my 13" it's pretty hard to use.

Anyone else experiencing this?

None of the Edit programs have ever had a full screen option, just 1:1 or zoom (+ in upper right corner).

It is especially if you've got a 13-inch notebook and the FM9-Edit window is ⅔rd's of that. Where's the hover feature?

Yeah they maintain the window aspect ratio, so the screen height determines how big it can get.

Screen Magnifier is your friend on small screens. Windows key + "+" to turn it on, Windows key + Esc to turn it off.

I appreciate the suggestion but That's just gonna cut off cuts of part of the window.

If you try to size it down to zoom back in again it still the same thing.

Yeah they maintain the window aspect ratio, so the screen height determines how big it can get.

Screen Magnifier is your friend on small screens. Windows key + "+" to turn it on, Windows key + Esc to turn it off.
Mac uses something similar...Command "+" to increase the screen and font size, Command "-" to decrease. There's also a "text hover" feature in Monterey that allows one to hold down a designated key (I chose 'Control') and place your cursor over the text. A pop-up screen displays the large size font. That's useful for the fine print you used to see on car dealer disclaimers at the end of the commercial, among other things.

YMMV regards FM9-Edit. I realize text hover is useful for typed text, not so sure about application text, but will test it in a second...yup...just held the cursor over Save & Cancel while I was editing. Displays the individual text box with larger font. Doesn't work on greyed-out text (i.e. where it says "Write your reply" in an unused post area...)

Last edited:
I appreciate the suggestion but That's just gonna cut off cuts of part of the window.

If you try to size it down to zoom back in again it still the same thing.

The magnifier screen moves as you move the mouse to the edge of the screen. You can pan around and see all of the original screen area. If you pull up the settings there's also a "Lens" mode that uses a smaller section of the screen that's zoomed it and it follows your cursor around.

just do what I do, get a second monitor, change the resolution to optimize for the edit, in my case 1920x1080 which fills up vertically. Windows magnifier is abomination imo.

Back
Top Bottom