FM9-Edit really slow at higher CPU usage

Helpful, thanks.
Here’s a quick video I did scrolling thru my scenes in my fm9 “kitchen sink” church patch. I’m right at 77-79% cpu. I highlight the drive block bc While edit is slow to make the visual changes, the sonic ones are pretty instant. Is yours working differently to where it takes longer to hear the changes with in your scenes? @strabes

Last edited:
I love the FM9 but hope a little more responsiveness can come about in future upgrades as it can slow down the creative process when you're waiting on things to catch up. But that's been my only concern so far - love the 9 buttons compared to the FM3.

Last edited:
Here’s a quick video I did scrolling thru my scenes in my fm9 “kitchen sink” church patch. I’m right at 77-79% cpu. I highlight the drive block bc While edit is slow to make the visual changes, the sonic ones are pretty instant. Is yours working differently to where it takes longer to hear the changes with in your scenes? @strabes

same behavior here

Latest FM9-Edit doesn't seem to have the slowness any more when you're pushing 80% or over. Try it out.
Thanks. Seems to be slightly better but still quite slow compared to Axe-Edit once I get above 80%. Hopefully the two can be closer in speed in the future. For now I'll just sacrifice a block or two to keep it under 80%.

Last edited:
The true believers around here are pretty annoying. I’m enjoying the FM9 but that’s my least favorite part haha.
I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes a simple question generates not only unhelpful responses , but condescending and even insulting replies. I don't understand this behavior ... but it seems to be more prevalent when someone remains at a distance communicating through a keyboard. I'm guessing most would never be as rude in their communications face-to-face.

But I don't necessarily feel it's representative of "true believers". Some people will conduct themselves with class and respect for others, while some don't seem to understand what that means. The good news is that there are lots of very cool, respectful, knowledgeable, helpful and fun folks here every day, and for many of us, that's greatly appreciated.

I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes a simple question generates not only unhelpful responses , but condescending and even insulting replies. I don't understand this behavior ... but it seems to be more prevalent when someone remains at a distance communicating through a keyboard. I'm guessing most would never be as rude in their communications face-to-face.

But I don't necessarily feel it's representative of "true believers". Some people will conduct themselves with class and respect for others, while some don't seem to understand what that means. The good news is that there are lots of very cool, respectful, knowledgeable, helpful and fun folks here every day, and for many of us, that's greatly appreciated.
True true.
All I meant by using that term was the folks who think this unit is so perfect, it couldn’t possibly have flaws aside from user error. Like if I turned a knob and my unit’s screen went blank and it froze up, it’s obviously my fault for turning it haha. (Yes, that happened)

Obviously, there can be “true believers” in Fractal that are also wonderful, helpful people as well.

Last edited:
True true.
All I meant by using that term was the folks who think this unit is so perfect, it couldn’t possibly have flaws aside from user error. Like if I turned a knob and my unit’s screen went blank and it froze up, it’s obviously my fault for turning it haha. (Yes, that happened)

Obviously, there can be “true believers” in Fractal that are also wonderful, helpful people as well.
Could also be partly a reflexive response due to the repeated answering of questions that could be found by doing a little RTFMing, kinda like 'empathy fatigue' in people who live with and/or care for disabled folks....

Could also be partly a reflexive response due to the repeated answering of questions that could be found by doing a little RTFMing, kinda like 'empathy fatigue' in people who live with and/or care for disabled folks....

My OP is not mentioned in the manual, and several other people have replied to this thread indicating they have the same issue.

That is all you can get going in one preset and be pushing the Limit? That scares me a little. I def need more than that. For my Church Preset I'll need Comp, Amp, 2 Drives, 2 Delays, 2 Reverbs, a pitch, Cab. Now I may not use the 2 Delays or 2 Reverbs at the same time. I would also like to be able to put a Rotary in there at times.

I dont care how it will affect the editor, just how will it sound.

That is all you can get going in one preset and be pushing the Limit? That scares me a little. I def need more than that. For my Church Preset I'll need Comp, Amp, 2 Drives, 2 Delays, 2 Reverbs, a pitch, Cab. Now I may not use the 2 Delays or 2 Reverbs at the same time. I would also like to be able to put a Rotary in there at times.

You can def get all that in a preset on the fm9. I have comp, amp, cab, drives, rotary, plex delay, reverb, delay, pitch, vol, and filter blocks. If I go standard on one cab I can fit tremolo in there as well.

I have all that AND a 2nd amp. With both IR’s on UltraRes and both reverbs on High Quality. You’re good.

Now that the speed is pretty good under 80% CPU, I was able to finish up my “kitchen sink” preset which I use for churches when I’m home. It has a comp, pitch, 2 drives, 2 amps, 2 cabs with 2 IRs each, volume, 2 delays, chorus, and a reverb. Most blocks have multiple channels set up that I can increment and decrement by holding the footswitches, i.e. 4 different reverb settings on a single block. I was using the AX3 in this set but all the blocks on the FM9 are identical. Preset link is in the description if you’re interested.

If you use TUNER with >80% , it's very slow too... (fm9 edit closed)

I can understand if editor response is slow under high cpu usage, but tuner should go with better cpu priority.

If you use TUNER with >80% , it's very slow too... (fm9 edit closed)

I can understand if editor response is slow under high cpu usage, but tuner should go with better cpu priority.

I’ve noticed that the tuner is substantially slower than the tuner on the Axe-FX III regardless of CPU usage level.

Back
Top Bottom