FM9 CPU Comparisons to FM3 & Axe III turbo etc

EricGlass

Inspired
I know the FM9 is 4 core compared to the FM3's 2 cores and the Axe-III is two 1.25 GHz DSPs.

Is there any data on the comparative CPU power of each?

It's not as simple as raw CPU horsepower.
The units allocate blocks to CPU cores differently, so presets with different combinations of blocks will hit core limits differently.
Exactly.
Therefore, it is impossible to directly compare these devices. And it is impossible to say how many "percent" a preset will take on a given device.

If you have a preset to compare someone could check. I have been able to use my full preset from my Axe 3 without issue Ultra settings on blocks so it sounds identical. I did have to make a couple adjustments to a violin preset to drop the Reverb quality and remove some shunts but it works as good. I was just messing with adding an amp block and cab block to my preset to try having 8 variations and minimize the number of presets. Works like a champ on the Axe 3 but to make it work on the FM9 I had to drop 1 cab. Still have the amps but the extra cab was too much.

In>pitch>wah>flanger>rotary>amp>cab>chorus>delay>reverb>looper>output

This is my preset template for reference on the block count and type.

Correction. I have a Drive block added too. The main page shows a chart but as people have mentioned the chips are allocated a little differently.

1635605296513.png

Back
Top Bottom