FM9 Case?

If you have a plain flat board that you make yourself, I bet you could contact some of these soft case companies, like studio slips, to make you a custom one. 34” is a pretty large though.
+1 for Studio Slips clamshell cases. I’ve bought a few in the past for some tube amp heads and they are awesome. They make one specifically for the FM9 or you can have them create a custom case.
I worked with them on the FM9 bag. It fits either the bare FM9 or the FC12 since they share the same size chassis.

It’s a combination of the regular briefcase bag, with the duffle handles. You can order the regular version and add backpack straps, or choose the deluxe version which includes that option automatically.

I also have a similar bag that was originally designed for the Temple Audio Duo 24, which is what my FM9 is currently mounted on. I had them increase the height of the bag to accommodate the difference in the FM9 compared to regular pedals on top of the board. Adjusting any of their bags designed for a pedalboard is easy, and they are happy to work with us to find the right solution and fit.

Hey guys, so i've been using the Gator Helix Rolling case for a couple months now. It's been great but i've always had a soft spot for the super light weight mono stuff. Recently they came out with a new "rail" style pedalboard. I grabbed the medium size and its a great for the fm9 and an ev2. I also plan on mounting my powerstage 170 in the far right corner. It comes with a very quality case and i'm digging it so far. Just throwing the option out there for anyone who may be searching for a case and pedalboard solution.

Not sure many thought of this for fly dates but I’m using the slips bag for the fm9 and putting it in a large hard suitcase. It’s been working very well only checking one suitcase and putting my double gig bag in over head with southwest.

Not sure many thought of this for fly dates but I’m using the slips bag for the fm9 and putting it in a large hard suitcase. It’s been working very well only checking one suitcase and putting my double gig bag in over head with southwest.
I might have my first fly gig soon. What gig bag do you use?

I ride SWA all the time. That's generous of them, considering a double gig bag probs eats up a lot of overhead bin space. Their max size is 24x16x10, and that's for the bigger 737-800. The 737-700 has a shallower bin. I know because I travelled with my Seahorse 920 hard case, which is exactly 24x16x10, and fit in the 800, but had to go in sideways on the 700. They allowed it, but it was mostly luck lol.

I went with the Studio Slips bag , very very nice
Very happy with mine. Keeps the FM9 well protected and you can fit a lotta gear in the pouch.

Great for car/subway travel or anything where you’ve got an overhead. It’s not a heavy duty touring case nor is it meant to be.

I‘m considering a Temple Audio Trio 28 for my FM9 but I need a (a least slightly robust) case for transport with other gear. Maybe someone has any ideas as I am struggling to find something that fits the Trio 28 with a mounted FM9 in Europe/Germany that won‘t break the bank. To be honest I haven‘t been able to find any case yet.

Con
I‘m considering a Temple Audio Trio 28 for my FM9 but I need a (a least slightly robust) case for transport with other gear. Maybe someone has any ideas as I am struggling to find something that fits the Trio 28 with a mounted FM9 in Europe/Germany that won‘t break the bank. To be honest I haven‘t been able to find any case yet.
Maybe Temple Audio would have some suggestions?

I picked up [this case] off Amazon. Probably not the best case in the world, but it more than serves my needs. Fits my FM9 easily, and if I wanted to buy an expression pedal, I can squeeze it in there with the unit. The front pouch is great for odds and ends like cables and such. It only cost me $53.99. The one caveat is that I wish it were a little more padded. Then again, I am not dropping it out my window, so it seems perfect for the FM9.

1696997143305.jpeg
1696997353900.jpeg

I picked up [this case] off Amazon. Probably not the best case in the world, but it more than serves my needs. Fits my FM9 easily, and if I wanted to buy an expression pedal, I can squeeze it in there with the unit. The front pouch is great for odds and ends like cables and such. It only cost me $53.99. The one caveat is that I wish it were a little more padded. Then again, I am not dropping it out my window, so it seems perfect for the FM9.

View attachment 127827
View attachment 127828
I use this case for transportation to rehearsals. I strap it to a folding cart with bungees. Besides the FM9, the main compartment has two cables cables for I/O. I use the small pocket for the Furman AC215A. It's good for this sort of situation. The strap sucks. I'd highly recommend getting an Op/Tech or similar if you want to use a strap.

View attachment 127827
View attachment 127828
I've had one of these for years. Used it for a mini pedalboard and then found out it fit the FM9 perfectly. Not the best for bump protection, but at like $50 it's great. Lightweight. Could use a bigger front pocket for an EV2 or two. But there's enough room for cables at least.

Has anyone found a form-cut case with polyethylene foam for the FM9 yet? Would love to have something from SKB (or similar) that's made specifically for the FM9, similar to what they offer for the KPA Stage, Helix, and now Fender Tonemaster Pro.

Has anyone found a form-cut case with polyethylene foam for the FM9 yet? Would love to have something from SKB (or similar) that's made specifically for the FM9, similar to what they offer for the KPA Stage, Helix, and now Fender Tonemaster Pro.
I've used for some time (prior to changing to the setup below) this foam case: SKB 1SKB-SC2311 - it fits a expression as well.

Last edited:
I'm using this very flimsy case from a brand called stag. It's a always-on so the FM9 is always inside.
I've bolted everything trough the case so it's much stronger now but wondering how long it will last. At least is quite practical :D
The shure wireless is fed through the Faslink output + I've modded the Xotic pedal so it can serve as a normal volume pedal or expression.

IMG_1778.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom