FM9 As A Foot Controller for AXE FX3….?

My Home Setup in an AXE FX3, while my portable setup is a FM3 + FC6.

I use the FC6 AS A FC for the AXE at home.

On the FM9, is it possible to program the FC section to act like a FC6 for the AXE?

I’ve ordered my FM9 & would prefer to sell both my FM3 & FC6 together, and use the FM9 to replace the FC6 for use with the AXE.

It cannot. It is its own beast and cannot operate as an FC. It has a link only for connecting an additional FC controller. I wondered the same thing last week.

I don't have an FM9, but I wonder if a future firmware might allow it to either output this info on FasLink or over midi for connection to the Axe Fx midi in. It would be a cool way to have a backup to the Axe Fx available!

I am using FM9 with FX3. I kept one of my two FC6es to use with the FX3 presets' Per Preset and Control switches, primarily, and for its external switch capabilities.

The FM9 can send Program Change, Scene Change, and Control Switch changes via MIDI with some setup.

The two cannot (currently) share controller pedals without moving them out of the Fractal ecosystem. I use an ExpressionIO for mine. The added benefit is I can now record control pedal events in Logic, as well as all those program, scene, and control switch events, and through careful setup, can share control switches between units, effectively netting 12 CS for each unit....

1102210919_HDR.jpg

The ExpressionIO is the green block on the middle board....

Back
Top Bottom