FM9 Announcement!

Thats right, i just saw the video from Leon Todd.
My first tought: "Yeah, cool..."
My second tought: "My FM3 and FC6 cost me about US1800, and now i don´t think i can sell both of them for US1000 to buy the most powerfull FM9..."
Strange feeling...

Have you ever sold a Fractal hardware without the original paper box? Because I don't have the FM3 one anymore, unfortunately...

There was a 10 second period where I was kicking myself for getting the FM3 a couple of months ago, but after that, sanity returned. The FM9 looks like an absolutely amazing piece of gear (and had it been available when I was looking for a new modeler I'd have bought it no questions asked), but there's still so much about the FM3 that I haven't even discovered that I'm pretty well covered for now.

Then again, once the European waitlist situation (I'm assuming there's one) settles down, I just might forget everything I just wrote.

I can still safely say the FM3 is still more rig than I ever need, I'm not even scratching the surface of what it can do, I can't even get past the handful of presets I've made myself, they just sound so fantastic. Unfortunately Fractal, you haven't got me hook line and sinker with the new FM9, although it looks fantastic and you'll always have those who cannot resist new kit, I've been there and done that with Keyboards !!! lol.

This is just the perfect answer for me as a live/jamming rig. Not that my III/FC6 isn't, but having such quick access to the Scenes, Effects and Presets right there, without tapping between layouts, is going to make me that much more inclined to set up a bunch of improv-friendly presets to use in whatever situation I could find myself in.

I believe there is still a great market for the FM3. The FM9 is still too big of a footprint for my tastes. Maybe the next gen will be smaller and match the III.
^This. The FM9 looks incredible but I keep the fm3 on a crowded table next to my full desk. It's perfect.

Would I love more CPU? you bet - I love big lush ultra-high reverbs and the FM9 cpu should be sweet for that, but honestly for the music I play and the life I live, I'm still profoundly grateful for all the support and improvement the FM3 has seen this year. Even if it never moved again (really unlikely), I'm stupidly satisfied. Maybe I'll look at the FM9 in a year or two if I finally get one of the kids off to college and there's a little more space around here :laughing:

^This. The FM9 looks incredible but I keep the fm3 on a crowded table next to my full desk. It's perfect.

Would I love more CPU? you bet - I love big lush ultra-high reverbs and the FM9 cpu should be sweet for that, but honestly for the music I play and the life I live, I'm still profoundly grateful for all the support and improvement the FM3 has seen this year. Even if it never moved again (really unlikely), I'm stupidly satisfied. Maybe I'll look at the FM9 in a year or two if I finally get one of the kids off to college and there's a little more space around here :laughing:
It would be a "no brainer" for anyone considering FM3 + FC6, but otherwise it's not really cut and dry. I suspect the FM3 will be around for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom