FM9 4CM no sound

mwp5160

I just got my FM9 and I'm trying to run it through a Rivera Era Fender Concert using the 4 cable method but I can't get any sound. I've double checked all of the connections and took note of the tips in the manual. Not sure if the Concert has a parallel loop or not. Thought I would check here for suggestions or the name of a weekend seminar I can attend to learn how to configure the FM9. Thanks.

I just got my FM9 and I'm trying to run it through a Rivera Era Fender Concert using the 4 cable method but I can't get any sound. I've double checked all of the connections and took note of the tips in the manual. Not sure if the Concert has a parallel loop or not. Thought I would check here for suggestions or the name of a weekend seminar I can attend to learn how to configure the FM9. Thanks.
Make sure the OUT knob for that particular Out block used for the 4CM cables is turned up. If you followed the manual on p. 36 then it should be OUT 3.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 11.56.22 AM.png

Divide and conquer. Replace the amp with a cable from out3 to in3 on the FM9. If that doesn't work, you've got a fundamental problem.

You can share the preset by Exporting it.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 6.15.40 PM.png

As Cliff has sagely pointed out before, check the cables!

That is, all cables... it would only take one out of four to fail to sink the whole setup.

In my line of work, we used to once bill for EAG-20's ...

EAG = Excessive Air Gap
20 = the number of centimeters between the head of the cable, and the socket it is supposed to go in :rolleyes:

Sending a tech out to ultimately tell the customer that something wasnt plugged in cost them coin (and us time) - at least the item on the invoicing wasn't too embarrasing!

I'm certainly not having a go at the OP. I once had a really complicated rig that included a Voodoo Labs Ground Control - an 8 loop midi switchable rig controller. Each loop has an IN, SEND, RETURN, OUT. I had a tuner, a wah, an acoustic simulator, 2 x compressors. One New Year's Eve gig I had a cable pop out (just 1 cm) from the OUT of one loop to the IN of the next loop. No sound at all. Imagine trying to troubleshoot that after a few Drambuies!

That taught me to check everything, and replace cables frequently ...

Last edited:
Also, to the OP ...

You can change your FM9 display to show meters instead of the Block name (from Page 5 of the FM9 manual):

1684281459583.png
This should show signal through every step of the signal chain in your preset, and this may show if/where a signal is being sent but not returned.

Hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom