Fixed FM3 won't boot unless USB is unplugged

odsska

I'm running firmware 1.05. This wasn't a problem with prior firmwares as far as I know.

When I turn everything on, the FM3 just hangs. It does not show the loading progress bar. This is an issue even if I turn the unit off and back on. However, if I unplug the USB cable and turn it on, it boots up just fine. Plugging the cable after that allows me to use it like normal. This is especially annoying since I'm using the FM3 as my main audio interface. Any ideas how to fix this?

It also seems to be running the fans more often than it used to, even on a preset with low CPU usage.

I'm running OSX 10.15.5 and have everything running through a Furman power conditioner.

@yek looks like that did it! The fan still seems to be running full force more often than what I remember from 1.04, even w/ cpu at 48%, but I can live with that.

Thanks

Having the same problem here with 1.0.6 beta2. Problem exists on all USB ports and with every cable I've tried (like 5+). Computer is a MacBook Pro w/ Catalina, plugging directly into the USB-C ports (using a USB-A -> USB-C adapter).

Also fun fact, whenever I have the USB cable plugged in and the unit powered off, the screen lights up (even with the power cable disconnected).

I've been having a ton of tiny little issues like this with my unit, I'm really wondering if I need to send it back for warranty work / replacement :(

It also seems to be running the fans more often than it used to, even on a preset with low CPU usage.

Yeah, with 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 beta2 my fan is on 100% of the time. I have plenty of ventilation under the unit and the room is constantly 70º F (air conditioned).

Having the same problem here with 1.0.6 beta2. Problem exists on all USB ports and with every cable I've tried (like 5+). Computer is a MacBook Pro w/ Catalina, plugging directly into the USB-C ports (using a USB-A -> USB-C adapter).

Also fun fact, whenever I have the USB cable plugged in and the unit powered off, the screen lights up (even with the power cable disconnected).

I've been having a ton of tiny little issues like this with my unit, I'm really wondering if I need to send it back for warranty work / replacement :(

Yeah, with 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 beta2 my fan is on 100% of the time. I have plenty of ventilation under the unit and the room is constantly 70º F (air conditioned).

Mine had these problems and I had to send it in to fix a USB defect. They ended up sending me a new unit that doesn’t appear to have the problem so far.

Back
Top Bottom