FM3 with SS Poweramp/cab + FOH

Ziyan

Hi all,

Quick question. Currently using my Axe 3 live w 2 amp blocks. Amp 1 is set to FRFR out and uses a cab sim to go to FOH.

Amp 2 is set to SS Poweramp + cab, runs through a separate path that has cab sim disabled and runs through a Gallien Kreuger ( GK )MB800 poweramp section into a GK212 Neo cab. (The bass cab seems to work and I love the sound. The MB800 is very transparent and seems to work well when I plug into FX return or front of amp alike ).

Wondering how to replicate this on FM3 with one amp block.

Thanks!

You can add out1 between the amp block and cab block and feed the poweramp and cab from there. Out2 will go to FRFR. I do this with the AXE3. You can always add eq to the out1 path to compensate if needed,

You can add out1 between the amp block and cab block and feed the poweramp and cab from there. Out2 will go to FRFR. I do this with the AXE3. You can always add eq to the out1 path to compensate if needed,

What he said. This will be the only way you can do it with the FM3. If you actually need two amps like I do then you will have to go with the Axe FX III.

Thanks for the responses. Main Q is if there is a way to have output for the path going to FRFR be "FRFR" under amp block settings and output for SS poweramp + cab to have the corresponding output setting.

If not, are there any suggestions from Fractal camp about how to get a similar setting? I can also run one amp as bdrepko has suggested and keep output set to FRFR but I notice a difference in sound quality. Is there a setting/block that could offset that?

I personally always use the SS PA + cab settings even for the FOH out cuz FRFR speakers tend to compress too when pushed to high SPLs, with that setting the sound is just more dynamic and works for both the guitar cab and the FRFR for me (I think this is also suggested in the manual).

Basically I use the "FRFR" setting only when recording.

Back
Top Bottom