FM3 with Morningstar MC3 - inspiration wanted....

Beexter

Inspired
Hi all,
I'm looking for some inspiration/ setup ideas in how others are combining the FM3 and MC3.
Is anyone using this combo? How are you using them together?

Hello
I'm using an FM3 with an MC3. I keep programming my MC3 and adding banks that I switch between. I generally stay in between two different banks, but I'll explain a few of the banks I have programmed.
In order to not have to bend down to hit the tap tempo/tuner button - I made the top button of the MC3 for all my banks press and hold to go to tuner and tap for tap tempo. I'm not sure I'll keep it, but it's handy enough for now. I have a few banks dedicated to effects - so the left button turns drive one on and off, right drive 2 (top button is tuner/tap). Then I have a few banks dedicated to scenes (top button tuner/tap, left toggles scene 1/2, right 3/4), then I have a bank for the input gate (haven't used much - not sure why I thought this would be a good idea - probably because if I'm using a gate the volume clean up doesn't work well, so I wanted to be able to switch it off easily if I didn't get too much noise in the place I play). I also have a bank with (top button tuner/tap) left button drive 1 on, off, right button boost (used a filter with a 4.5db gain increase) on, off.
There are so many more things you could do, but it's kept the FM3 on my board and the FM9 at bay (well, the MC3 and the price of the FM9 - not that it isn't worth it - just that I can't justify it...)

Thanks @Presence7682 . I was certainly thinking of assigning tap tempo and tuner to the MC3 and possibly some scene toggles. I like the idea of having a switch on the MC3 to turn an FX block on/off - it could be handy to have it always switch a specific block (eg. drive) on/off, no matter what preset you're on.
I'd like to be able to select layouts and views via Midi /MC3 but I don't think that's possible so I think I'll have to use "stand in switches" for that.
I hope others chime in as seeing what others are doing can spark a different way of thinking.

To piggy back on this, I'm interested in the utility function use of an MC (I'm actually thinking about getting an MC6) such as tuner and tap tempo. It sounds like this is possible, but I feel like I've seen other threads where people said you can't use the MC as a stand-in switch. So I'm guessing the utility functions have to be programmed in per switch (via MIDI signal?).

Can someone verify this is possible? I watched some videos on the integration mode of the device, but it sounded like this really only gives you a couple of baked in options.

Thanks in advance.

To piggy back on this, I'm interested in the utility function use of an MC (I'm actually thinking about getting an MC6) such as tuner and tap tempo. It sounds like this is possible, but I feel like I've seen other threads where people said you can't use the MC as a stand-in switch. So I'm guessing the utility functions have to be programmed in per switch (via MIDI signal?).

Can someone verify this is possible? I watched some videos on the integration mode of the device, but it sounded like this really only gives you a couple of baked in options.

Thanks in advance.
Hello - this is a midi switch and is fully programmable with any midi option the FM3 has. As stated in my response above - I have the top button set to long press to tuner, and tap for tap tempo.
I connect the MC3 to my macbook with a usb a/b cable and open the software. There are 30 presets I believe.
Below is a video for the Axe III, but I used it for my FM3 and it worked - also some of the other videos did too - just have to watch the screen if you don't know the language (I don't, but watching worked)

Hello - this is a midi switch and is fully programmable with any midi option the FM3 has. As stated in my response above - I have the top button set to long press to tuner, and tap for tap tempo.
I connect the MC3 to my macbook with a usb a/b cable and open the software. There are 30 presets I believe.
Below is a video for the Axe III, but I used it for my FM3 and it worked - also some of the other videos did too - just have to watch the screen if you don't know the language (I don't, but watching worked)

Thanks for the response!

Back
Top Bottom