FM3 with Kemper Kabinet??

I have made IRs of the Kemper imprints and used them with an external IR loader, and the Kones work very well with other modelers in that way. It is the main reason I'd like to see the IR block implemented in the FM3, it would host the Kemper imprint IRs for monitoring. With the proper IRs, the Kones sound outstanding in flat response or imprint mode, better than any other such speaker solution for stage monitoring I've used, especially on loud stages.

Thank you so much for explaining your findings! What do you mean by "IR block implemented in the FM3"? Couldn't you use a second Cab-block for monitoring (at the expense of CPU)? Though as you mentioned an external IR loader: My approach would probably be to throw those Imprint IRs onto my CabM and stick that and my small power amp to the Kabinet. That way, the FM3's CPU wouldn't have to deal with a second Cab block.

Would you mind sharing the IRs you made of the Imprints? :)

Thank you so much for explaining your findings! What do you mean by "IR block implemented in the FM3"? Couldn't you use a second Cab-block for monitoring (at the expense of CPU)? Though as you mentioned an external IR loader: My approach would probably be to throw those Imprint IRs onto my CabM and stick that and my small power amp to the Kabinet. That way, the FM3's CPU wouldn't have to deal with a second Cab block.

Would you mind sharing the IRs you made of the Imprints? :)
The FM3 only allows one cab block. However the cab block has two IR capability, and if you do some clever panning, you might be able to use one of the block's IRs for the main out, and the other for the Kab IRs. That actually wouldn't cost any extra CPU at all.

I'll need to dig up those IRs, it's been a few months since I last worked with them.

I own 2 Kones that I use with my Kemper, in a 2x12 Marshall cab. I've used the Imprints and the IRs baked into profiles(whether Studio or Merged). The IR sound just as good as the Imprints, through the cab, so why would we be able use any source/modeler that loads IRs.
I haven't tried the AXE through this cab yet, maybe I should.

Back
Top Bottom