FM3 w/ FC6 "current view" is #1 on startup always

Jimmy C

I searched and saw this was asked previously, a year and a half ago, with no resolve (unless I am daft and missing something).
I understand how to select the default LAYOUT for the FC6 in the FC Controllers menu, but why is there no default choice for VIEW? I have to manually change it from #1 every time I reboot. It's not the end of the world for me to have to do so, of course... but it would be great to have it default to the view I want. Am I missing something?
Thanks!

EDIT:
I figured out a workaround. I have the FC6 startup to a different layout than the FM3, both on VIEW 1. :)

Last edited:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/daisy-chained-fc6s-as-fc12-question.175453/post-2134557

What you can do is assign a layout link (FC#1, Default layout+View2) to your default layout button in the Master layout. Now whenever you turn your FM3 on, pull up the master layout (2 right switches in the FC6) and select your default layout and you'll have view 2 on the FC. Now you don't have to go into the menus to change view every time.

It's not exactly as convenient as saving a default View for the FC, but a good option until then. Have you given OMG9 a try? Setup->FC Controllers->Last tab. Great setup for the FM3+FC6

Thanks for the reply, and the insight! My workaround is going to be fine for now - as I only really use ONE layout anyway, so it doesn't hurt me to "waste" a layout by using one for FC6 and one for FM3 :) But if I need more I will try your suggestion!

Probably a bit late to the party, but I just have the hold function on FM3#3 switch set to 'View' - 'Select' - 'View 2'. Turn on the FM3. The FM3 and FC6 show View 1, press and hold the switch corresponding to the FM3#3 switch on the FC6 and it switches to View 2 while the FM3 remains on View 1. Ready to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom