FM3 USB Issue?

paopaosyopao

I stumbled a post in reddit wherein they mentioned that they are experiencing issues plugging in their FM3 using the USB. I currently have FM9 and everything works for me. But I'm thinking about getting an FM3 for portability.

Anyone else experiencing issues with their FM3 unit when plugging in via USB? Also, does this issue affects the new MK II Turbo ver?

I’ve been using my FM3 for 3 years without one single USB connection issue. Things I do is make sure I’m using a quality cable that isn’t too long, do not physically stress (abuse) the connection and in my circumstance understand Windows and how to keep many USB devices working together in peace and harmony.

Last edited:
Я наткнулся на пост в Reddit, в котором они упомянули, что испытывают проблемы с подключением FM3 через USB. Сейчас у меня FM9, и у меня все работает. Но я думаю о приобретении FM3 для портативности.

У кого-нибудь еще возникли проблемы с FM3 при подключении через USB? Также, касается ли эта проблема новой версии MK II Turbo?
Here are the most unfortunate possible USB problems and how to solve them.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-killed-usb-port-slot.191820/

Last edited:
Здесь описаны самые грустные из возможных проблем с USB и способы их решения.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-killed-usb-port-slot.191820/
This is sort of irrelevant to whether the FM3 has some inherent issue with the USB controller. Do things break? Yes! Are you sure your car will start every time you go to drive it…No. The main thing and difference is that on the FM3 the USB controller is part of the main board which makes repair a bit more complicated and if out of warranty potentially more costly.

The important thing to gather is whether the percentage of failures is excessive. In my experience and most others the answer is no. The reason you see people crying on the net and on the forum is because replacing the main board is a bit expensive and needs to be sent for repair. Although I’m pretty certain if the FM9 or FX3 USB fails it would need to be factory repaired also. Of course on reddit you’re only going to see those who have had a problem. No one goes on reddit to say “hey, the USB on my FM3 works perfectly and has never given me a problem”. Personally I don’t go on reddit for any reason. Not the best place for solid information, IMO.

My advice is get the minimally cost extended warranty and feel good about your purchase.

Also, understand that the FM3 and FM9 are floor units which place them is situations where wear and tear on connectors is always a concern. I have multiple expensive pieces of equipment with USB connections (one costing $5,000) and unfortunately the USB physical connector spec is not the most robust design, but it serves many purposes and is ubiquitous so it’s what we have to deal with at present.

This is sort of irrelevant to whether the FM3 has some inherent issue with the USB controller. Do things break? Yes! Are you sure your car will start every time you go to drive it…No. The main thing and difference is that on the FM3 the USB controller is part of the main board which makes repair a bit more complicated and if out of warranty potentially more costly.

The important thing to gather is whether the percentage of failures is excessive. In my experience and most others the answer is no. The reason you see people crying on the net and on the forum is because replacing the main board is a bit expensive and needs to be sent for repair. Although I’m pretty certain if the FM9 or FX3 USB fails it would need to be factory repaired also. Of course on reddit you’re only going to see those who have had a problem. No one goes on reddit to say “hey, the USB on my FM3 works perfectly and has never given me a problem”. Personally I don’t go on reddit for any reason. Not the best place for solid information, IMO.

My advice is get the minimally cost extended warranty and feel good about your purchase.

Also, understand that the FM3 and FM9 are floor units which place them is situations where wear and tear on connectors is always a concern. I have multiple expensive pieces of equipment with USB connections (one costing $5,000) and unfortunately the USB physical connector spec is not the most robust design, but it serves many purposes and is ubiquitous so it’s what we have to deal with at present.
You will be credited with a stunning "air shaker"!
And now pay attention, first, in my country I will not receive any guarantee, even a minimal one, and even more so an extended one, so the joy you are advertising so much is not in sight.
Second! The USB port on my FM3 broke down completely without any prerequisites 1.5 years after purchasing the device and that is a fact!
Third, I have never made a claim to the Fractal team, because their devices are simply space! And this is undeniable!
And fourth! Before joining the "team of lawyers", first of all, please delve into the essence of the issue and the topic of my story, the link to the topic of which I provided to the topic starter. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom