FM3 Turbo?

The Turbo was a workaround to get production working again by moving to chips that were more available. In other words, it was a necessity.

IF Fractal was able to get an accelerated chip in the same size die and it didn’t cause any problems with heat or require any other changes then they would probably consider it, but if it forced the price to be raised then they might have second thoughts. The FM3 has several appealing aspects: flexibility, size, and price, and they’re worth being maintained.

I’d love to see an FM3 Pt. Deux with the processing speed of the FM9. It’d be a little monster connected to an FC6, but the current FM3 is no slouch.

I'd like to see an FM3 chassis with FM9 processing power. Call it whatever you want, as long as the FM3 original is still offered.

FAS probably has enough product lines for this generation of modeling. The product options so far are at $1100 (FM3), $1800 (FM9 Turbo), so maybe you can jam an FM3 Turbo in there at $1400-1500. But the FM3 is a good price relative to it's competitors, so eliminating the FM3 in favor of a higher priced Turbo probably would price them out of a 'lower budget' modeling target demographic....

With all that said, I don't see it happening.

FM3 Turbo with the ability to use 2 amps, 2 cab blocks, and 2 reverbs would be nice. Keep footprint and 3 switches. I still have Fractal II, Mark II and it still sounds pretty darn good. My best tones come from having 2 amp, 2 cab, and 2 reverb blocks, so that's my biggest interest in the possibilities of FM3 Turbo. And the cost increase closer to the FM9 would be okay because I really like the smaller footprint.

The Turbo was a workaround to get production working again by moving to chips that were more available. In other words, it was a necessity.

IF Fractal was able to get an accelerated chip in the same size die and it didn’t cause any problems with heat or require any other changes then they would probably consider it, but if it forced the price to be raised then they might have second thoughts. The FM3 has several appealing aspects: flexibility, size, and price, and they’re worth being maintained.

I’d love to see an FM3 Pt. Deux with the processing speed of the FM9. It’d be a little monster connected to an FC6, but the current FM3 is no slouch.
Can’t imagine people minding a $1-200 dollar raise in price for the ability to do more in the arena of an fm9 standard. I don’t think you would hear any complaints. Also as an option, I bet it sells more than a standard fm3 if they did do it. We know that from a cost perspective, it hardly made any difference with the FM9 - when you consider the competition cost! It makes absolute sense to me.
personal opinion, but valid nonetheless.
it would also have more people buying fm3 instead of waiting for a fm9.
I have personally been on a waitlist just shy of a year now…

One extra I’ll add, for those like me that cannot get any answers to list placement… I put my email in for fm9 around oct last year… today is sept. 13the 2022…

One extra I’ll add, for those like me that cannot get any answers to list placement… I put my email in for fm9 around oct last year… today is sept. 13the 2022…
There's a Waitlist Email thread over there in the FM9 section. We had the same thing for the FM3 and it was really good at indicating when you could expect your invite. I would suggest you monitor that thread.

Back
Top Bottom