FM3 to mac "The selected audio device has no output controls"

pattonick

hello, ive searched for hours trying to find this solution.

heres the situation...

im trying to use my fm3 as an audio interface for FL studio on my mac. the raw di guitar is coming out of my studio monitors, but nothing from the computer audio itself. it even tracks the recordings!

when i try to switch my mac system preferences it says "The selected audio device has no output controls"

im using the output 2 for L and R. whats the deal?

-Thanks!

Output 2 is for blocks within the FM3 only. Playback audio from FL Studio will only come out of OUTPUT 1 L/R.

The above is partially correct. If you want audio to come out of OUT2, follow these instructions in the manual. Refer to the FL Studio manual to see how to add Outputs 3+4.

1626349407084.png

Last edited:
If you want the FL Studio output to come out of output 2, just use USB channels 3/4 and set the destination on the I/O page to output 2. Your system preferences will have no effect on FL Studio. If you want system audio to go to 3/4, use the Audio/MIDI setup app, not system preferences.

If you want the FL Studio output to come out of output 2, just use USB channels 3/4 and set the destination on the I/O page to output 2. Your system preferences will have no effect on FL Studio. If you want system audio to go to 3/4, use the Audio/MIDI setup app, not system preferences.
thanks! what is a good Audio/MIDI setup app? or is it in fl?

I'd recommend you stick to using output 1 until you get a little more familiar with things.

Back
Top Bottom