FM3 through Friedman effects loop

Hello,
I am trying to setup the FM3 as effects only POST, through loop on a WW20 friedman. it is working and sounds great however the delay is mono.
I tried changing the setup IO but still only 1 side of a dual delay. Am I forced to use 2 delays for the effect I want?
I Have input 2 set to Left only and have tried setting OUT2 different ways but doesnt work. I also have OUT2 for Unity gain setting.

Thank you in advance!

Hi there!
Your amp should be mono. So every stereo fx will be mono. If you want a specific sound of your delay, you have to work around it.

Greetings!

Hello,
I am trying to setup the FM3 as effects only POST, through loop on a WW20 friedman. it is working and sounds great however the delay is mono.
I tried changing the setup IO but still only 1 side of a dual delay. Am I forced to use 2 delays for the effect I want?
I Have input 2 set to Left only and have tried setting OUT2 different ways but doesnt work. I also have OUT2 for Unity gain setting.

Thank you in advance!
3BCC21C8-16B7-4512-A2E8-162C2A265C86.jpeg

There is one send and return so you will always only be mono.

If you want both delays in the dual delay to be there pan each delay to center.

If this is post only in the loop, I'm assuming that the FX loop send is going to IN 2 left, and that OUT2 left is going to the FX loop return.

In which case I would expect OUT2 to be set to line level not unity gain. Unity gain is for the instrument level input on the front of the amp. The FX return on the amp will be line level.

Then, so long as Out2 is set to Sum L+R, I would not think you need to change the pan of any of the delays? (I could easily be wrong about that though, I don't use stereo effects in my mono setup).

Thanks everyone! Setting Out2 to L+R doesnt work actually. I am trying to get 2 delays one at 500 and one at 375, I tried Dual delays etc. but i will try the centering of the panning and let you know.
Thanks again,

Back
Top Bottom