FM3 Switching Presets with Hold

Feared

Alright, so I'm having my first gig with the FM3 in two days. I can't for the life of me get my FC controller to work as I want.

The plan is to have my 3 scenes being available as a Tap on each preset. But as I hold I want to change preset up and down, to be able to cycle between them.
I have it setup like this in the editor, but if I hold nothing happens, it just shows the name of the current preset.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or am I thinking wrong?

/Ola

Attachments

• fm3.png
    fm3.png
    266 KB · Views: 18
Alright, so I'm having my first gig with the FM3 in two days. I can't for the life of me get my FC controller to work as I want.

The plan is to have my 3 scenes being available as a Tap on each preset. But as I hold I want to change preset up and down, to be able to cycle between them.
I have it setup like this in the editor, but if I hold nothing happens, it just shows the name of the current preset.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or am I thinking wrong?

/Ola
do you have Preset Mapping turned on in the Setup menu? if so, and nothing is setup there, you'll want to turn that off.

Seems like the preset changing just doesn't want to change from My 000 preset.

A video showing that nothing happens. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnzlpm3fdqj87es/Video 2021-09-28, 09 26 01.mov?dl=0
hmm that's strange - in that video you're in View 2 for the Preset Up/Down, which is the next "set" of switches, but your Edit screenshot shows nothing programmed there.

lemme think.

oh also you're in Layout 7 in the video, but your Edit screenshot shows Layout 1. try switching to Layout 1 on the FM3 - turn the E knob to the left to get there.

maybe Layout 7 isn't setup correctly? but it seems Layout 1 is what you want to use anyway.

I'm just trying to show that whatever I do with any type of Preset Inc/dec it still picks the absolute first preset. In several layouts.

I'm just trying to show that whatever I do with any type of Preset Inc/dec it still picks the absolute first preset. In several layouts.
understood. did you happen to check if Preset Mapping is turned on in the Home > Setup > MIDI menu? you'd want that turned off for normal use.

if you have a discord or something i can hop on and chat real time there if you're figuring it out now.

Last edited:
understood. did you happen to check if Preset Mapping is turned on in the Home > Setup > MIDI menu? you'd want that turned off for normal use.

if you have a discord or something i can hop on and chat real time there if you're figuring it out now.
The Midi mapping per preset did the trick. Got it to work. Really appreciate the fast help man :)

BUT it seems like I can get it to work on all my other presets EXCEPT the absolute first one. Weird. But at least I can do a work around on stage.

Maybe the global Display Offset parameter? Although that shouldn't do anything.
Or do you have an Per-Preset Override on you first preset for that button?

Btw. another topic: for quick changes/adjustements live you can drag several controls to the Perfom Page and adjust stuff there quickly. Just saw that you mentioned that in one of your videos.

And late happy birthday greetings.

Back
Top Bottom