FM3 switch question

pneil2

Inspired
Hey all,

I’m finally setting up the FM3 i got about a year ago. I’m using it with external midi control. I want to use the 3 switches on the FM3 to select scenes, but I’ve run into one annoying issue…

If I “scroll” the switches over to select scene 6, but then change to a preset where the default scene is scene 1, the FM3 switches stay scrolled over. If I’m at scene 6 and I change to a preset where the default scene is one, I now have to “scroll” over twice to get to scene 2. I’d rather have them reset into the range where the new current scene is. Is there any way to make this happen?

thanks

Checkout Layout Links.

They can be assigned as a secondary function and are triggered "after" the primary switch function. They are used to select the Layout and View.

You'd need to program your preset switches specifically to get what you want but it is possible.

There's no "automatic" way to do what you want.

Seems like it would be good to have the context of the scene switches follow the “ focus” of a preset change, that’s neither here nor there. I think I may have found another solution. If I change the switches to be scene toggles,1-2,3-4, and 5-6, they now cover a range of 6 scenes without changing the view. Should be broad enough for my purposes (He says hopefully).

Seems like it would be good to have the context of the scene switches follow the “ focus” of a preset change, that’s neither here nor there. I think I may have found another solution. If I change the switches to be scene toggles,1-2,3-4, and 5-6, they now cover a range of 6 scenes without changing the view. Should be broad enough for my purposes (He says hopefully).
Submit a well thought out wish and see what happens...

The "problem" I see is that layouts are completely customizable, so how would the unit "follow" preset changes.

Layout Links can do what you want.

There have been wishes for things like per-preset layouts but that isn't likely to happen.

You can also use per-preset switches in your presets to override up to 24 switches in each preset.

Sounds like you have a workable solution for now.

Tried the scene toggle solution today. This is exactly what I was looking for. 6 scenes without ever changing the view. 👍

Back
Top Bottom