FM3 routing question

I'm currently very happily using my FM3 with a Seymour Duncan PS170 through a Zilla 1x12 cab, mono. It sounds great and I've had no problems with this setup. In the past I've either had to have my FM3 setup this way OR through a Focusrite interface going into Yamaha HS7's, but they've always been in different rooms/places so it's been either/or. However, I've recently moved house and have been lucky enough to get a little studio space setup for the first time ever. So now that everything is in the same place, can I use both together? I greatly prefer the sound and feel of the poweramp and cab but if I can get the benefits of the stereo spread from the HS7's as well, then that will be a huge bonus. Does anybody else run theirs the same way? Or similar? Is it a bad idea?

What would I need to do this? I'm running mono from OUT2 currently to my PS170 and cab. I know I'd need another output block setup on my presets. Cabling-wise though, would I just need to come out of the XLR's on OUT1 to my interface?

Thanks in advance!

I use a similar set up at home. Out 1 stereo xlr to the interface and studio monitors/sub. Out 2 balanced to FRFR cab.

it lets me a/b easily between my stage monitor sound and a stereo mix for recording or FOH.

Back
Top Bottom